PDA

View Full Version : Age of Aquarium (great service)

Kaza
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 05:41 AM
Yesterday I did a WC and found over 200 dead fry, it was really shocking as they were so healthy and I had two different lots of babies in with the same parents.

After I got over the shock I put my hand in the water to start cleaning the bottom of the tank, and it was obyious why the fry had died, the water was stone cold. I had just (2 months ago) purchased the aqua one heaters with the controls outside the tank from Ben, one had malfunctioned.

I was really p***** off, but Ben was very nice and explained that no heater is fool proof. He offered to send me a Hydor heater which is better and $20.00 more expensive than the one I had.

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to get my new heater (express post) its great when you get good service so often these days that's not the case. I would like to reccommend Age of Aquariums to everyone. :P not only are their products cheaper than most but the service is great.

Bronx19
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 06:28 AM
Yes I buy from him regularly.

Just bought a canister yesterday.

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 10:27 AM
Totally agree, Ben's service is excellent and his products are very competitively priced, he has built an excellent business but, when keeping/breeding Discus, I wonder what the $12 heater has just cost you? Conservatively $3,000 - $4000! I wonder how many titanium heaters you can buy for 4 grand?

Sorry, just my frank thoughts coming out on a Thursday night relaxing with a scotch or two.
MAC

jim from sydney
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 10:41 AM
i also agree...i buy a lot from Ben...also had trouble with the cheap heaters...i bought 4 and 2 were faulty...Ben replaced them with better ones ( i paid the extra ofcourse), however we need to realise you get for what you pay and cheap is not always better...however Ben stands by his customers and is always willing to help.......i recommend him...Jim

Merrilyn
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 04:35 PM
Lovely to hear such nice feedback about one of our sponsors.

I have to agree. I have always found Ben very helpful, and the service, second to none. I am more than happy to recommend Age of Aquariums for all your aquarium needs. :P

sunshinediscus
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah Ben's a good guy, i buy some of my stuff from him as well. I only live 20 minuts from his shop so i visit him direct, but i know some ppl who buy mail order and all say he is quick and efficient.

Rod

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
Well, obveously I dont have the pleasure of jumping into a jet and taking off to Austrailia to visit this Ben guy... but i would like to put my 2 US Cents into this thread LOL!

I like these new heaters that came out called Stelth... they are WONDERFUL!!!! they are NOT glass, so no need to worry about exploding heaters... they are some type of plastic cased and work great, they can turn 60*F water into 82*F water in about 10 mins or so... very efficent... they are great!

I HIGHLY recommend this brand!

Kaza
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 11:51 PM
Mac they were'nt $12.00 heaters, they are the stainless steel ones with the out side controls, I paid $50.00 each. The irony of it was I replaced all my heaters on the tanks outside before winter set in to avoid this very suituation. I think I am getting to the stage where it will be cheaper to heat a room as apposed to running so many heaters.

However this morning the pair in question are madly cleaning so I dont think it will be too long before there are eggs again.

The point of this was that we need to buy so many things for our fish, if you KNOW that some one can be trusted all the more better. Also as I live in Adelaide I always worry about mail order. What if you need to return something? Is the after sale service good? Now I know so I am a happy customer.

chrissyoscar
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 12:36 AM
Hi Kaza

Sorry to hear about your loss, must of been devastating finding all those dead fry. At least you know the cause so that's one thing.
I've also bought from Ben and always found him helpful and quite cheap.
Shipping costs are reasonable also.

Oscar

ctvu
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 01:10 AM
I totally agree with all of you. I have found Ben's services is the best. Thatis why I keep buying things from him, strongly recommended

ctvu