PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of Karens fish

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 04:45 AM
Went round to Karens and took some pics of her fish it was a bit hard as no one was home and they were moving round a bit wanting me to feed them so Ill get better photos later after they have had a meal and more settled but these will do for now.

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 04:47 AM
Just a couple more

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:17 AM
nice pics leanne! :D but did you get that pic of karen?

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:19 AM
Bit hard junior no one was home

Ben
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:21 AM
looking awesome!!
Those youngin really putting on some growth!
keep up the good work!

Ben

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:27 AM
Some of them are between a 10c and 20c piece size and they only a few weeks old I'll get a better pic when Karens home and shes fed them as when they saw me they went mad for food so they wouldnt sit still for there photos little buggers.

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:38 AM
heheheheehe y ddnt you take some home? :roll:

Dave76
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:51 AM
How great pics.

What are those fry getting fed to be growing that quick ?

Dave

Kaza
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 05:55 AM
Leanne great pictures, thanks, but you forgot to take some of the tiny PB her mate and the eggs, and also the GSS and their two lots of Fry. Prop a good idea as they are all free swimming now, yet they are not attaching well it seems to take a few days with the paler coloured fish for them to find the parents. However what is good is the parents have them herded in one corner, whilst the others are still on the back. I think the danger time will come tonight or tomorrow when they are both feeding from the parents. I will seperate the first lot of babies soon, tho I am a bit worried how to do it.

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 06:34 AM
Dont worry junior Im going round in a few days to get a couple of the 4 month old babies.

Karen I didnt take any of the pb babies as I didnt see the eggs they were hiding, next time I will and I did take photos of the gss babies they are in the other post in the breeding section.

Dave she leaves some live black worm in with them while shes at uni and they eat all day and before people say they are bad and carry diseases we know that but have been feeding our fish them for a long time and neither Karen and I have ever had gill flukes the worms we get are extremely clean so perhaps thats why, she also she feeds fry food and grated bh.

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 06:40 AM
Oh and the babies are actually a month old but she still gets amazing growth from her fry.

Dave76
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info Leanne

Dave

leanne31
Fri Jun 17, 2005, 08:02 AM
Thats OK :lol:

Kaza
Sat Jun 18, 2005, 12:52 AM
Iam a firm believer in doing what works, tho what works for one might not work for someone else. I dont feed live baby BS to my fry, I tried a few times but it was a real pain and so much extra work. I dont feed the fry anything until they are 8- 10 days old. Then I feed decapulated BS eggs and fry food, they pick it up straight from the tank floor. At 2 weeks I start feeding frozen BS and live black worms. When I am going to be gone all day I put the worms in and they pick at them all day. As Leanne has said i have never had gill flukes in any of my fish, could be luck but untill I have a problem I will feed live black worms. I also feed crushed up tetra bits and flake food. One of my biggest gripes is buying fish that wont eat flake ect so I make sure my fry are fed it at least twice a day.
PS I also dont give BH until at least 4 weeks, I lost a few fry after feeding BH with bloat, so now just to be save I dont feed.

Kaza
Sat Jun 18, 2005, 12:55 AM
Leanne those fry are three weeks old and I think their growth has been slower due to them being in an outside tank thats why I ended up bring them in the house where I can feed them more often.

nicholas76
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 06:39 AM
Kazaa,

Do you pre soak your tetra bits prior to feeding?

Kaza
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 10:32 AM
Yes I do soak the tetra bits, even for the 3 month old ones, I think it can cause bloat as well.