PDA

View Full Version : Moving Fish

chris
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:56 AM
Whats your procedure for moving your fish around. (from tank to tank)

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 09:59 AM
get them in a bag. aclimatise them in the bag in the new tank. aclimatise for at least 15 minutes. let them out. and enjoy :D

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 10:33 AM
Test the water in both tanks. If both the same, I simply transfer in a net. But a word of warning, skip the testing, and you are inviting trouble :cry:

chris
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 10:39 AM
I do mine the same as you Junior but I also dunk the bag get a bit of the tank water and leave the fish in the bag for a while and then do it again. I take the fish out by hand and pour the bag water in the garden.

wyldchyld01
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 11:07 AM
if they are new fish to the group, then i follow this,

in the bag as you guys (chris etc said)

if they are what you know then i follow ladyred....my fish had all been together at some point, so i made sure my water was equalised and then moved the fish via net from one tank to the other as quickly and without as much stress as time would allow.

Brenton

Ben
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 01:21 PM
LOL, It was ironic when i saw this post! i seem to be moving fish around a few times a week!

I siphon 2 litres of tank water into a 10 litre bucket, net the fish and put the fish into bucket gently so they dont nock themslves and get hurt.
Then every few mintues i put a litre of water (water from tank they are going into) into the bucket.
Once the bucket is full i VERY gently pour it into the tank.

99 times out of 100, the fish will be eating within an hour!

HTH

Ben