PDA

View Full Version : EOI - 4ft tank with weir, sump, trickle filter + more

DIY
Sun Jun 12, 2005, 01:55 AM
Hi guys,

I'm getting close to having my new 6x2x2 up and running, so I thought I'd see if anyone here is interested in my 4footer

Pics & details are here - http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1555

The tank has been running for 7 months flawlessly - I think it'll be ready for pickup by it's new owner in about 2 weeks

Please reply if you're interested

Thanks

blka4t
Sun Jun 12, 2005, 05:03 AM
How much are you looking at for it?

DIY
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 03:20 AM
How much you got :lol:

seriously though, I'm not really sure what a fair price is for this. If you're interested make an offer

If no-one here is interested I'll probably put it on ebay

Cheers

blka4t
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 07:35 AM
I'll start the offers at $170.

Sam
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 11:46 AM
$171

DIY
Mon Jun 13, 2005, 01:51 PM
OK - I did a search on ebay for aquariums that have sold recently. a 4 foot aquarium with pine cabinet similar to mine sold for $351 in melbourne today.

This was with a cheapo jebo canister filter (the ones that sell for $85) so I figure mine with the sump/ trickle setup has to be at least worth as much. (the setup cost me $$ DIY, can't imagine if I bought off the shelf how much it would cost!)

so for anyone on this forum, I'll sell it for $350 with an electronic stainless steel heater. If no-one wants it here I'll put it on ebay in 2 weeks and it'll go with a cheapo glass heater.

It'll include everything required of course - lights, pump, bio-balls, etc.

Sam
Tue Jun 14, 2005, 12:20 PM
i'd love to get it but all that filter business underneath looks so complicated. im a canister fan.
very nice looking tank tho.

DIY
Tue Jun 14, 2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not trying to sway your preference, but I find having a sump/trickle soo much better than a canister.

It's much easier to clean/change filter pads - just reach in & change. You can keep the heaters and anything else in the sump leaving the tank nice & clean looking. If you want to "dose" anything like fertiliser, medication, bi-carb soda or whatever you can put it in the sump which gives it time to mix with the water before going anywhere near the fish. you can do a 10-15% water change without even dropping the waterlevel in the tank or disturbing the fish (my discus can be a bit skitty so this is great).

but I do agree, when I first saw one running it did look a bit over the top :shock: