PDA

View Full Version : recombining fish

wyldchyld01
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 04:30 AM
Hey all,

asking for thoughts and opinions on whether or not i should recombine my fish back into one tank, i'm of two minds about the whole thing so this might be a little long, not that much though promise he he...my fish atm

i have one pair rt about 15cm nose/caudal (who after a couple of tries don't seem to be interested anymore), two male rt about 20cm nose/caudal and three young'ins 2 solid golds and one red/white around 6cm

the pair are in a 210 ltr custom tank, one rt male in a standard 4ftr and the other in a 6x2x2, three young'ins in a 6x1

all bb tanks but the young ones have two logs to swim in and out of, water is fine 6.6ph, ammonia nil, nitrate/nitrites at 0, hardness a little high between 110-150, all other tests are fine as well (unless the chems have gone of lol)

now because the pair aren't breeding (my water atm has high levels of iron which i think is causing the water to be too hard for all my fish as they all show their bars all of the time but eat ok etc) i thought i might minimally decorate the 6x2x2 and put all the fish back into this one tank, reduces water changes, lighting in fish-house etc

also i thought i might get another male interested as the fish do colour up a little when the only female (that i know of, can't sex little'ns) looks across into one of the other tanks, which has fish in it, occasionally.

what do i do? aarrrgh i am erring on the side of putting them in the one tank, help

cheers all

Brenton

Merrilyn
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 05:11 AM
Moving them into the one tank just might be the way to go Brenton. With luck, you might see a new pair forming, or perhaps re-kindle the partnership of the original pair.

wyldchyld01
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 05:17 AM
that's what i was thinking, thanks ladyred (what would we do without you he he)

cheers

Brenton

Annie
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 03:22 AM
I think most of us would be lost with out her experience and thoughts....I know I would.

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 03:35 AM
......... :oops:

I just like to help. :wink: