PDA

View Full Version : eatting problem

dismatt
Tue May 31, 2005, 09:36 AM
have 3 discus in my tank two of them about 6" the other about 3" the small one eats like a pig but the two larger wons dont seem to eat at all, what should i do. thanks :lol: :lol:

DR.V
Tue May 31, 2005, 09:39 AM
starve them for 2days or so, then feed them again

Merrilyn
Tue May 31, 2005, 10:53 AM
Matt, what is the history of these fish. How long have you had them, and how long have they been refusing food.

Remember, that older fish actually need less food than younger fish who are still growing. :wink:

dismatt
Tue May 31, 2005, 11:04 AM
a friend of mine had them in his tank fo two years ive only had the for a week there in there own tank with a small discus not the tank that had hex. the small discus eats like a pig. thankyou again for your help if its not one thing its another. :lol: :lol:

Merrilyn
Tue May 31, 2005, 11:12 AM
Okay, that's fine. Big discus in a new tank, it is just a matter of time before they settle in.

Nothing to worry about at this stage. They will soon get used to their new surroundings, and be racing for the food just the same as the little one. :P

dismatt
Tue May 31, 2005, 11:19 AM
how long does it normally take. :lol: :lol:

ctvu
Tue May 31, 2005, 11:58 AM
how long does it normally take. :lol: :lol:

It really depends on individual fish, some takes a week or so, some takes 2-3 days. HTH

ctvu

Merrilyn
Tue May 31, 2005, 02:04 PM
Big fish can easily go two weeks without eating, sometimes more. And you will find, they will be eating little bits even if you don't see them :lol: