PDA

View Full Version : hot water

Darth_discus
Mon May 30, 2005, 08:55 AM
can u use hot water and cold water together with the blue powder stuff to get ur desired temp for wc

Merrilyn
Mon May 30, 2005, 09:07 AM
Yes, you can, but with some reservations.

If your hot water service is copper lined, I wouldn't use it. That water might have been in contact with the copper for 12 hours or more, and copper is toxic to fish.

Probably best to fill your ageing drum with cold water, then add boiling water to bring the temp up. If you have a heater in there, it will take care of the temperature for you, while the water is ageing.

kkiu
Mon May 30, 2005, 09:08 AM
i dont quite follow what you mean by blue powder stuff?

But since I dont have a storage tank, mixing hot and cold water is how i get warm water for my water changes. :)

jim from sydney
Mon May 30, 2005, 09:56 AM
got me puzzled too.......what is the blue powder??????? most heaters have glass lined tanks however it is worth a call to the manufacturer to check just to be on the safe side....Jim

Darth_discus
Mon May 30, 2005, 10:09 AM
chrolinater thing the thing that takes all the stuff out of the water

DR.V
Mon May 30, 2005, 10:23 AM
hehehe i think we should use the proper name for it instead of "blue powder" and "all the stuff" ^_-

Merrilyn
Mon May 30, 2005, 10:38 AM
I know what you're talking about Darth. It's called Aquarium Conditioner Salts; designed to remove the chlorine and add minerals to the water.

You might find it easier to use the liquid de-chlorinater, such as Prime or A.C.E.

Ask at your local fish shop what they have.

Darth_discus
Mon May 30, 2005, 12:00 PM
thanks for that then i might get tri-wardly start or whatever it is called