PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, breeding pair of discus in Australia NSW

dizzy discus
Mon May 23, 2005, 08:12 AM
Wanted, breeding pair of discus in Milton Ulladulla area.
email : discuscraze@hotmail.com

dizzy discus
Mon May 30, 2005, 05:23 AM
Prefferably blue diamonds or another solid colour.

dizzy discus
Mon May 30, 2005, 08:04 AM
Really?, nobody has any?

axelfaz
Mon May 30, 2005, 09:01 AM
have you tryed SLS i have only heard good things and will ship :wink:

Merrilyn
Mon May 30, 2005, 11:23 AM
You will find very few people will sell you a breeding pair. They would rather keep them for themselves, and sell the fry.

If someone will part with a true breeding pair, you will need to pay BIG dollars for them.

Your best bet is to go to somewhere like SLS and either get four juveniles and let them pair off naturally, or ask if they have pairs that have been spawning in the community tanks.

No-one can guarantee that the fish will actually spawn for you once they have been moved from their familiar surroundings.

Good Luck.

Proteus
Mon May 30, 2005, 11:27 AM
In the past few weeks there have been many spawning pairs in several SLS tanks, all have gone through to wrigglers (then eaten due to being in a tank with up to 10 other Discus).

To my knowledge, all have been sold (they dont stay around for long).

I think there is a Wild Caught pair which are spawning, however I am not sure if they are for sale, or what the cost of them would be (they are true wilds)

dizzy discus
Tue May 31, 2005, 12:04 AM
Where is SLS?, Do they have a website? If it's in Sydney I live about 3 hours away. :D

axelfaz
Tue May 31, 2005, 12:14 AM
heres there web site i hope thar helps :wink:

http://adserver.aquadotnetwork.com/adclick.php?bannerid=1&zoneid=1&source=&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slipperylittlesuckers.com

DR.V
Tue May 31, 2005, 01:55 AM
3 hours drive is nothing until you see all the discus in SLS , you'll love it.

kevkoi
Tue May 31, 2005, 04:16 AM
If you feel the itch to take a drive down to SLS, this weekend would be the best time.

Whole bunch of hand selected (by me) quality discus (at exceptional prices!) to be had! Coming out of quarantine this Thursday, so best time to view them in all their glory would be Sat/Sun.

Lots of sub-adults and adults. Some monster large 5-6inch discus... and just a hint. Red Turquoise at 4" are exceptionally good value buys! :wink:

Jiffy
Tue May 31, 2005, 07:25 AM
Kev,

Any chance of posting prices for the new stock coming out of quarantine.

R
Jeff

marg
Tue May 31, 2005, 07:43 AM
Kev,

I would also like the prices on the new stock if possible