PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!!

Benny
Wed May 18, 2005, 11:06 AM
Hey Guys, im a bit of a discus newbie (ok alot of a discus newbie :oops: )..

Im merely 19, but have been brought up around my fathers goldfish aquariums... He put the tanks away 4 yrs ago and i recently dug it up...

We currently have a community tank, with some dwarf gouramis, a few neons, painted white skirt tetras, and now three juvenile discus (2 im not sure what u would call them, but one is a blue diamond..) all discus purchased from aquapets in bondi junction however live in the lower north...

Filtration is by a Fluval 203
theres an air pump thats about 30 yrs old on it (dads from when he was my age)

Cheers, and a big Hello to everyone!

Proteus
Wed May 18, 2005, 11:31 AM
Welcome to DF.com Benny...

just remember, we were all newbies at one stage, so feel free to ask any questions that may come to mind... after all we are here to help you.

chris
Wed May 18, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hey Benny welcome,
Post some pictures when you work it out someone should be able to ID those Discus for you.
Hope you enjoy This Forum :wink:

Benny
Wed May 18, 2005, 12:23 PM
Im loving it thus far, was reccomended here by the boiz @ SLS :) i got a mate that works there, and GORGEOUS DISCUS!!!

Ill try luring the fishies out to the front now, heh theyre still a bit shy (only had them for 2-3 weeks)...

Just my luck within a fortnight i had a whitespot breakout, i think when i increased the temp i stressed a sailfin mollie or somethin, not entirely sure.. But i have the situation under control :P

The two that im not sure about, were purchased with a huge degree of uncertainty as to whether they would survive (or at least if we would be able to keep them) so theyre by no means flawless, they have a fair amount of black spots on them (i didnt know what to look for) but they are cute all the same! Once im sure theres no reoccurance of whitespot its fish shopping yet again..

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Hey Benny - welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. Ask away mate - that's what we're here for

Benny
Wed May 18, 2005, 02:06 PM
Put a couple of terrible photos in my gallery,

im amazed by the amount of personality one fish can have.. they always come to the front when i approach the tank, they see the camera and hide! buggers!

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 02:24 PM
They can see the camera. Discus are darn smart. They can see straight into the room, and even see you enter.

To get them used to the camera, take it with you every time you feed them.

Benny
Wed May 18, 2005, 02:55 PM
Ladyred: could u somehow squint at my pics from a distance and try to identify what my fishies are (look in the gallery for a pic of my blue diamond)

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:19 PM
Benny, the top pic here is a Marlboro Red,
and the second one a Pearl Pigeon Blood.

That's the best guess I can make from looking at those photos.