PDA

View Full Version : Highly reputed red fish breeder...

kevkoi
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:16 AM
Red Golden Diamond breeder Mr Ung, Seng Lip is one of the most highly regarded "red discus" breeders in Malaysia. His Red Golden Diamond line has swept numerous awards locally and internationally.

His line of red golden diamond discus has been established for a number of years already and in it's hayday, breeders from Malaysia and Singapore were trying very hard to aquire his fish, often going to great lengths and paying high prices. To protect his line of fish, he would not sell his red golden diamond discus to anyone in Malaysia or Singapore.

Over the years, he has been improving the shape of his strain and on my recent visit, the shape on his fish were spectacular.

What is the difference between his Red Golden Diamond and say Red melons or Mandarin passions?

Red melons were developed by crossing Malboro reds (which is essentially pigeon blood based), to a golden. They have a tendency to get black speckling on the face and on the body as the fish ages.

His lines were developed from the Rose red and Golden lines, derivitive of brown discus. No pigeon blood strains were used in its development and as such his fish will not exhibit the black peppering associated with the pigeon blood strain. Hence we now have the cleanest possible solid red fish.

kevkoi
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:23 AM
This is a pic of his champion fish which he gives out to any importer who buys fish from him and a tank of adult Red Golden Diamond in full glory.

goldenpigeon
Wed May 18, 2005, 06:28 AM
wow!!!! nicest shape i have ever seen!!!! and the red is so intense!!!!! kev do you know the going rate for 1 of these fish?

kevkoi
Wed May 18, 2005, 06:54 AM
I have 3 Red Golden Diamonds, but these have already been reserved.

Let's put it this way... I buy only 3 because they're not cheap. When I buy red melons and mandarin passions, I buy by the 50 lots. :wink:

check our PM

goldenpigeon
Wed May 18, 2005, 07:06 AM
yer that kinda makes sense. so is merrilyn going to be the rare discus breeder? :)

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 07:23 AM
Errrrr Junior. Those three Golden Red Diamonds have been sold. So get your beady little eyes off :twisted:

goldenpigeon
Wed May 18, 2005, 07:47 AM
hehehe beady eh? hehehe

u feeling a bit threatened by me merrilyn hehehe. perhaps i would run away if u got that wooden spoon out eh? :twisted:

the_oracle
Wed May 18, 2005, 10:39 AM
They sure look awesomw...........
No surprise if they cost a bomb..................

Sanie.

vishy
Fri May 20, 2005, 03:07 PM
Hey,
I envy you Merrilyn! I must have one of those! May someone send me a pm of the price?
Thanks
Matt

goldenpigeon
Fri May 20, 2005, 11:33 PM
here is the price of 1 of those beuties:

ME BEFORE YOU! :lol:

ctvu
Sat May 21, 2005, 01:25 AM
As LR said some where it would cost about a small car :shock: :shock:
I would expect that since they are super of super fish.

HTH

ctvu