PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

leanne31
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone new what this worm thing is that I found in my tank a little while ago it was long and bright red and quite thick I dont feed any live worms to my fish so it cant be that and it was moving so its alive I took a photo but my camera wouldnt focus on it but you'll sort of get the drift what I mean.

Leanne

kevkoi
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:20 AM
Midge larvae.. aka bloodworm.
Yuuum to the discus.

leanne31
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:24 AM
It was quite long and thick the photo was just one that had broken in half where would it of come from I only use frozen blood worm.

Leanne

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:50 AM
They are in the air, because I've had them hatch in the barrel of mossie wrigglers I keep for my fish. They are simply the laval form of the flying midge.

leanne31
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:00 AM
Phew thanks for that Kev and Merrilyn I got a bit worried but now my stress levels have come back to earth I thought maybe one of my fish had pooed it out or something. :shock:

Leanne

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:05 AM
LOL Leanne. I wonder if sometimes we get a bit too obsessed with the state of our fishies droppings :lol:

leanne31
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:12 AM
I know sometimes I kneel at my tank just to watch them poo to make sure everythings ok I know Im weird well thats what my kids and there dad say anyway. :lol:

Leanne

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:16 AM
Now Leanne, that is a sign of a serious addiction.

You know that, don't you. :lol:

P.S. I think we've all done it. :oops:

goldenpigeon
Wed May 18, 2005, 06:40 AM
im the same leanne! i do everything like that. everybody thinks im weird! sometimes i will sit down and just look at them for and hour or so... mayb longer.

mistakes r crucial
Wed May 18, 2005, 09:32 AM
Ssssshhhhhhh! I get called weird, different etc now without you continually talking about poo, it's texture, colour and size. I hope to God we never have a flavour contest. If we do I think Rod and Merrilyn should be the judges. Sorry guys.
MAC

jim from sydney
Wed May 18, 2005, 10:26 AM
I know sometimes I kneel at my tank just to watch them poo to make sure everythings ok I know Im weird well thats what my kids and there dad say anyway. :lol:

Leanne

you think you are crazy.........i have my dinner in front of them whenever i can :D ...........Jim

Kaza
Wed May 18, 2005, 11:01 AM
You kneel in front of them Leanne, and Jim eats dinner with them. Sounds like some kind of new cult or religion.

Kaza
Wed May 18, 2005, 11:22 AM
You kneel in front of them Leanne, and Jim eats dinner with them. Sounds like some kind of new cult or religion.

Littlefish
Wed May 18, 2005, 11:54 AM
If that's broken in half it looks awful big and worm-like for a midge larvae.

That lovely red color suggests it's not an intestinal worm, though.

Watching fish poo? I'm not crazy after all!

Fred :D