PDA

View Full Version : Is a Ph of 6.5 fine for Discus

axl
Thu May 12, 2005, 11:45 PM
Hi,
just wanting to no if my ph of 6.5 is fine for keeping discus this is what it is at the moment because of co2 and it is stabile i would like to keep it there if possible but let me no what your ph are, and whats the lowest you can have your ph for discus
cheers axl

leanne31
Fri May 13, 2005, 02:51 AM
thats just great as long as your ph doesnt fluctuate you'll be fine a stable ph is better than trying to keep it to a certain ph.

Leanne

ctvu
Fri May 13, 2005, 03:02 AM
Hi

mine is 6.5 - 7 PH. Keep it as steady as you can, should be fine. HTH

ctvu

axl
Fri May 13, 2005, 03:13 AM
Hi,
thanks for ya replys when is the best time to chech your ph because i checked this morning and it was at 6.7 and now at lunch time it is 7 whats the go with that and iam running co2
cheers tim

chrissyoscar
Fri May 13, 2005, 04:32 AM
Hi Tim

The reason your ph is lower in the morning is that during the night your plants produce CO2. The more CO2 you have in the water the lower your ph will be. From what I've been told plants produce oxygen during the day and when the lights go out at night they produce CO2. So if you're running a CO2 setup then at night your're getting a higher concentration of CO2 and hence the lower ph reading in the morning. A lot of people turn there CO2 of during the night but if you have a DIY setup that's not going to work.
I wouldn't worry to much though as the fluctuations don't seem to be great.

Oscar

sunshinediscus
Sat May 14, 2005, 10:06 PM
Just put an airstone on a timer and set it to run when the light5 are out, that will help remove the excess co2 and keep the ph more stable.