PDA

View Full Version : SOS - Looking for Male Penang Eruptions

mopondo
Wed May 04, 2005, 12:42 PM
I have some very fine spotted leopards (some are rather like Penangs), which, by my observations today, appear to be almost all female. I note that they do not have pointed dorsal fins....I do understand that this does not conclusively mean they are all female. Nonetheless, I am keen to spawn them successfully hence my urgent appeal for help. Does anyone have Penang/fine spotted leopard males on offer? If so, how old are they?

I am located in Carlton, Sydney NSW close to Hurstville.

mo.

kevkoi
Thu May 05, 2005, 02:23 AM
These do? 5"-6" male breeders. 20months old.

Penang Eruption and the new face spotted eruptions.

goldenpigeon
Thu May 05, 2005, 07:11 AM
kev how much is the 1 in pic 3?

Danny Discus
Sun May 15, 2005, 03:22 PM
Dear mopondo, you may have some male spotted leopard without knowing, check the distance of the fish's anus to the first lower dorsal fin. Male discus will have a bigger space from it's anus to the first fin but female discus will have a anus closer to it's first lower fin. I hope that this tips will help you. Happy Spawning.

DR.V
Mon May 16, 2005, 12:33 PM
nice fish kev

kevkoi
Tue May 17, 2005, 07:43 AM
Yeah, so nice that a Taiwanese importer bought it from under me for a whopping US$1000 :shock:.

The Taiwanese Discus show is after Aquarama I think... The Taiwanese have decended on Penang buying up very expensive stocks. Don't have the buying power to compete with them. :cry:

Danny Discus
Sat May 28, 2005, 01:47 PM
kev, can you introduce me the Taiwanese importer.