PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Lily
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 08:47 AM
Hello everyone.

I am the besotted owner of 4 juvenile blue diamond discus. I subscribe to the "discus thrive in planted tanks" philosophy (heresy!!) so look forward to many battles on this issue (kidding). I've had the discs for about 4 months now, they are greedy little pigs but recently decided humans are evil as I moved an Amazon Sword in their tank and this was unforgiveable. They still eat from my fingers after dark though (silly buggers).

I also keep and recently began to breed bettas (with moderate success), and have 4 severums I'd like to breed one day, as well as a 2' planted cube at work with cories and cardinal tetras.

I suppose I'm what you might call a soft-water freak. Except for those brichardi I used to breed, and the Calvus and ocellatus I'd love to breed - argh! Need more space.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

L

Proteus
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 08:54 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...

Excellent... you have my support when it comes to Planted tanks... a must IMO...

(dons the battle gear) lets get ready to rumble...

lol

flukes
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 09:15 AM
Well sorry to be another sheep but iam on the planted side of the fence, not only for the health and well being of discus but what looks better than the beautiful discus?? A beautiful discus in front of a lushous green aquascape.

Not much fun of a fight if everyone agree's
:D

Cheers
Scott

Essayons89
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 10:53 AM
Hi and welcome Lily/eby! Guess I'll join the flock of sheep as well. I also like my discus in planted tanks.

On a side note I also have some black calvus that are about an inch and a half long now. They might take a long time to grow out but well worth the wait IMHO.

Bryan

Mattzilla
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 01:13 PM
well guys i'll have to stay on the bare bottom side of the fence!!!!!

i believe that super clean water is the key to good dicus growth and health...so bb is the way to go for me. i do have some planted driftwood in my tank though so i guess that makes my tank a hybrid tank.

i'll post some pictures soon

matt

Proteus
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 01:17 PM
OMG!!!

did you say the H word???

just kidding...

I do have a BB tank as well, so if I have to jump sides of the fence I will...

:roll:

Mattzilla
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 01:19 PM
come to the bb side of the force luke....lol

matt

Proteus
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 01:20 PM
matt dont even start me on that...

young grasshopper!!!

Cory21
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 03:21 PM
Welcome to DF! :)

Cichlids_Rule
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 08:09 PM
hi, welcome to DF

Annie
Wed Feb 25, 2004, 07:51 AM
Lily/ebe

welcome. And I will have to ditto to all who like there Discus in planted tanks. Mine are and it is wonderful.