PDA

View Full Version : OAFI have new stock,looks like he has nice discus...

Rossco
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 10:20 PM
Check out there web site,looks like they got new stock in,i might go down for a long drive and pick up another 2 white butterflys. (for us Melbournites)

Merrilyn
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the tip Rossco. He does have nice fish, but you have to get in early for the best stuff.

flukes
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 07:44 AM
I went down there last weekend, i wonder when they came out..

He did have a few nice fish, but with a nice price tag..

pitchblack
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 08:05 AM
hey all just been to Oafi... Not bad stock much larger fish in his tanks.. 200 bucks +++ some small ones for 35 and up. I picked up a nice blue turq female for 65 bucks... Have fun... Some nice super red's as well.

pitchblack
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 10:29 AM
thought Id post a pic of the new addition

goldenpigeon
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 11:47 AM
nice 1!

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 12:27 PM
Look at that colour - cool :wink:

pitchblack
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 12:30 PM
thanks LR thought I got a nice one... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 12:35 PM
Yup - you sure did.

Ben
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 01:19 PM
Well done pitchblack!!!!
Thats a great looking fish!
Good breeding stock for you!

Ben

pitchblack
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 02:26 PM
yeah thats what I thought ben... she was the only one in the tank that I thought had good colour.. She is already showing signs of paring with my blue turq male.. so should be all good. :wink:

goldenpigeon
Sat Apr 23, 2005, 11:01 PM
it is great when all works out as it should

Dee
Sun Apr 24, 2005, 05:15 AM
Hi All,

I was just out at OAFI to have a look at the new shipment, have a chat to Mac and picking up some of his BH mix. He has some very nice young discus in stock, the new shipment of Super Red's where very nice ... also his Rose Red Alenquer's (sp) where very nice too, was going to grab a few but i'm pushing the boundries of overstocking my tank as it is ... sigh !

I must say that anyone in Melb who doesn't make their own BH mix (like me) should grab some of Mac's BH mix ... it's very clean and good value. I have used many commercial pre made packaged discus BH mixes in the past, but none compare to his mix. The others seem very fatty and my fish don't deem to go for it like they do for Mac's. Anyway just thought I'd let fellow Melbournians know. :)

Cheers,

Dee :)

flukes
Sun Apr 24, 2005, 05:30 AM
Whats the price for the bh???

Dee
Sun Apr 24, 2005, 05:40 AM
Hi Flukes,

For a 250g pack (bit bigger than a sandwich bag size) is $8 or for a bag over twice the size $15. I found that a 250g bag last a fair while for my 13 ever hungy juvis. As I said before it's very clean and the best quality i have seen to date. I just bought 4 of the larger packs .... HTH

Cheers,

flukes
Mon Apr 25, 2005, 03:26 AM
Ill have to check it out, cheers Dee..

ctvu
Mon Apr 25, 2005, 11:58 PM
No offend,
I remember when I started discus his place was the first place I got to, he was helpful to answer me a lot of questions regarding discus. When I mentioned him about BH he said that don’t worry about BH this is no good so much fatty etc … and now he is selling BH very interesting!!!!!

ctvu

flukes
Tue Apr 26, 2005, 08:56 AM
Yeah well when i first went too him, he told me for a filter just stuff some filter wool in there and chuck a power head next to it!!

Hehe well it seems too be working for him. He just seperates the back of the tank, by about a inch and stuffs it full of filter wool. has like an over flow and a powerhead too pump it back..

Dee
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 03:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Yeah Mac is a character, he always tells me he's never making his BH mix again whenever i'm out there and says it's too much trouble to make. Although when I go out again he's always got more in the fridge :lol: ... He always seems happy to offer advice and loves rolling his eyes and telling me I pamper my fish too much ! :oops: :lol:

Cheers,

flukes
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
Haha, i thought i was the only pamper one.. Every time hey goes to me "You pamper, pamper pamper, you pamper too much" :lol: LOL.

Rossco
Sat May 07, 2005, 05:39 AM
how nice are his super reds? you remember what sizes Mac has em in?
Thx much.

Dee
Sat May 07, 2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Rossco,

When I was out there a week or so ago he had some very nice Super Reds. He had small 5-7cm ones for around $65 I think, and ones double that size where around $110 from memory. He also so had some of what he called "alenquer red rose", not sure what they would look like when adult, but they looked pretty good too. Here's a pic of a Super Red I got from OAFI a while back and have since sold. The ones I saw last week looked a little better IMO. If you want some really nices reds I would contact Rod Lewis and ship some of the Roy Khoo Red Melons he had down, they looked awesome ! Still kicking myself for not grabbing a few of those from Rod. :lol:

Flukes,

Yeah I always get the "you pamper too much" treatment from Mac, I think he enjoys telling me that :lol: .... he's right though ! :oops: :roll:

Cheers,