PDA

View Full Version : New Discus

Inny
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 08:30 AM
Hey every one
i am just new to all of this so bere with me... thanks... i just bought a discus yesterday morning bought it home and put it in my tank... my question is.. is it normal for them to just stay in one spot and hidden.. he just sits behind the rocks in my tank... is this normal or is there something wrong....
Cheers Dave

flukes
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 08:44 AM
Might take a while too settle in, its has too get used to its new surroundings..

Let us know your water parameters and any tank mates...

Also please only click submit once, other wise it double posts...

Inny
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 09:20 AM
YEah sorry bout that hey..
i am running my ph at about 6.8 - 7.0
and the temp is 27
i have 3 angel fish and about 8 tetras and 2 Platies

Merrilyn
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hi Inny, and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you with us.

Your temp is a bit low. Turn it up to 28 or 29 and see if that makes your discus a bit more comfortable. It may take him a little time to settle in and become comfortable with his new tankmates, so give him a few days.

Chafule
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 11:06 AM
its only 1 discus?

Inny
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 11:19 AM
okay will do with the temp....

i dont have a real big tank when i asked about what fish this was what i was told... they are beautiful fish i want more... can u get orange ones?

Merrilyn
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 11:31 AM
What size tank do you have Inny. Yes you can get orange ones, but discus grow into a fairly big fish, and need lots of room to grow, and clean water.

Tell me about your tank, and what other fish you have in there, and we'll see if we can work it out together.