PDA

View Full Version : Converting from African cichlids to discus?

Cichlid1
Tue Feb 08, 2022, 10:04 AM
Hi , new to group and discus . I have had African cichlids for many years and have moved house . I have a 5 x 2 x 2 ft tank ready to set up and thought I would like a change. I was thinking of just going tropical but have always liked discus, are they difficult? I also have crushed coral for the substrate from my previous tank, can I use that? I am just starting my research journey and thought I would start here

bellason
Thu Feb 24, 2022, 10:22 AM
Yes, you can use Crushed coral as they are good for freshwater for a number of reasons. When used as a substrate, crushed coral helps maintain the pH of your freshwater for a long time. Thus, keeping you free from worrying about your tank becoming too acidic. :thumb

wayneoo
Wed May 04, 2022, 04:44 AM
Yes, you can use Crushed coral as they are good for freshwater for a number of reasons. When used as a substrate, crushed coral helps maintain the pH of your freshwater for a long time. Thus, keeping you free from worrying about your tank becoming too acidic. :thumb
Wattt, that I actually don't know, From now I will going to keep crushed coral in my tanks......:blob2

wayneoo
Wed May 04, 2022, 04:47 AM
Wattt, that I actually don't know, From now I will going to keep crushed coral in my tanks......:blob2