PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Everyone

Sabrina
Fri Dec 23, 2016, 11:13 PM
From me and my babies, to you and yours :)

sayid
Sat Dec 24, 2016, 03:49 AM
and merry Christmas to you and all the other readers.

HarryDK
Sat Dec 24, 2016, 05:05 AM
they need present, where is 10 kg of blackworms?

Sabrina
Sat Dec 24, 2016, 06:16 AM
lol Harry, i just gave them a treat of frozen blood worms :)

HarryDK
Sat Dec 24, 2016, 12:13 PM
lol you are so cheap! That is not even a gift, I'm sure you can afford some BW :D, your fish deserve better. I gave them my first try of Beefheart mix today, they love it but i mess up my water. Forgot to add gelatin @_@

sayid
Sun Dec 25, 2016, 09:15 AM
I made the same mistake on my first batch of BH and it is a messy experience.

HarryDK
Sun Dec 25, 2016, 01:14 PM
I made the same mistake on my first batch of BH and it is a messy experience.

Did it create a mini cycle like mine right now? -.- got 0.25 ammonia now and nitrate nearly 20 event after water change lol, damn this stuff is nasty

Sabrina
Sun Dec 25, 2016, 08:28 PM
Well my Melon is still unwell, he has been on a hunger strike for a week now. So far i have left him in the main tank and am doing water changes every few days, i refuse to put him in the hospital tank because every time i have put one of my discus in there they die. I am confused how i can have only 2 discus, one sick and one healthy.

HarryDK
Sun Dec 25, 2016, 11:50 PM
what happen with her? gill fluke? or internal parasite? Have you try some treatment?

sayid
Mon Dec 26, 2016, 04:46 AM
Did it create a mini cycle like mine right now? -.- got 0.25 ammonia now and nitrate nearly 20 event after water change lol, damn this stuff is nasty

what happened with me was that i got a fatty film on the top the water ,then my ph went down to about 5 ,my prefilter was clogging and as the result my ammonia went up to .25 , BH is not nasty ,we just use it too much and the filter system can't handle it .

sayid
Mon Dec 26, 2016, 04:54 AM
Well my Melon is still unwell, he has been on a hunger strike for a week now. So far i have left him in the main tank and am doing water changes every few days, i refuse to put him in the hospital tank because every time i have put one of my discus in there they die. I am confused how i can have only 2 discus, one sick and one healthy.
what are the symptoms of your melon ,what is her poo like, has she has rapid breathing ,has your ph is still down ?

Sabrina
Tue Dec 27, 2016, 07:35 AM
what happen with her? gill fluke? or internal parasite? Have you try some treatment?
Hi Harry, i have no idea what has gone wrong with him, he was growing fast, happy at the glass, even pats at times of feeding. Then one day he just stopped eating and when i approach the tank he runs and hides :(
Its been over a week now that he not eat. White poop yesterday and today. I am treating the tank with Seachem Stress Guard at the moment, and after i put it in he comes out and swims around. The other Discus is very happy, eating, hello at the glass and follows me around. I dont know how 1 can be sick and not the other. Perhaps its as Syid said, there is not enough discus in the tank, its just the 2 of them. Maybe its stress and not a illness i dont know ughh

Sabrina
Tue Dec 27, 2016, 07:37 AM
what are the symptoms of your melon ,what is her poo like, has she has rapid breathing ,has your ph is still down ?
Only symptoms are not eating for a week and white poop so far. His breathing is normal. The ph is at 7.2, it was lower last water change at 7.0. Please read the post i made to Harry for further information hun

Sabrina
Tue Dec 27, 2016, 07:45 AM
Seachem Stress Guard, reduces stress, antiseptic for fish and promotes healing. Just in case you both wondered why im using it...

HarryDK
Wed Dec 28, 2016, 02:51 AM
Honestly I have never used Stress guard in the tank, only when I move fish around because I think it will be a waste for such volume.
I do not have much experience with discus like you guy, but what has been working for me so far is regular 30% weekly water change, a solid background for them to feel secured, some driftwood and plants for light cover, good number of them, in my case it is 15 now.
I think i spoiled my discus already, feed them too much, they eat everything very quickly and the clean up crews do their job well.
Still, my pump start to mess up now, i may need to stop overfeeding them -.-.
What worry me is that the flying fox algae eater keep eating discus poop, showing that there is undigested food in there :(

sayid
Wed Dec 28, 2016, 09:20 AM
That means over feeding on your part.

sayid
Wed Dec 28, 2016, 09:24 AM
hi sabrina;
if you see white poo combine with hunger strike it means HEX and drug of choice is metro 10 mg per liter of water together with heat treatment.

Sabrina
Wed Dec 28, 2016, 10:07 AM
Great, just what i need when i dont have Metro. The tank is at 31.5c and stress guard is all i have at the moment. I am actually selling these last two discus, well i was until you just told me he might have Hex. Now i dont know what to do, I was closing my tank down due to not having the funds to buy more discus right now and giving them to a lady that has plenty of discus. I will pass this info onto her and ask if she has Metro and a hospital tank. Thanks Sayid

Sabrina
Wed Dec 28, 2016, 11:56 AM
Ok so plans have changed. I have set up a small hospital tank with prime, stability, stress guard and a fully cycled filter. I will put him in there in a couple of hours, im now stressed about my healthy discus and how she will react being alone in the 4 foot with just a few cory catfish. Ugh, why did i take up discus :(

HarryDK
Wed Dec 28, 2016, 12:24 PM
oh no, dont give up ! you need to commit more into these fish :D