PDA

View Full Version : Adding Angels and Gouramis

Aurora
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi guys,

I am wanting to add maybe 2 small angels and 2 dwarf gouramis to my display tank. It currently has blue rams, gold rams, cardinals, bristle nose and black widows.
Do you reckon they will all play nice, or will there be fin nipping and fighting among them?

Thanks

Ben
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 09:22 PM
Dave, my only advice would be put them into a quaratine tank for a least 2 weeks, especially the angels!

Ben

Merrilyn
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 11:41 PM
Ben is absolutely right there. Angels can be host to a lot of nasties that don't affect them, but as soon as you put them in with discus, the discus seem to come down with a host of ailments. Meanwhile the angels stay fit and healthy.

During their quarantine time, I would definately treat them for gill flukes and tape worms.

Aurora
Wed Apr 13, 2005, 12:49 AM
Theres no discus in this tank. I saw them in quarantine at the shop for a while, but I might give it a go anyway. Only problem is that I only have one spare tank that doesnt have anything in it, so its not cycled.

So that means they will get along with the others?

Merrilyn
Wed Apr 13, 2005, 07:11 AM
Yes Dave, that mix will be fine together. As the angels grow, they might want to try to make a meal of your cardinals.