PDA

View Full Version : Photos of My Super Eruption Babies

jbickel
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 10:59 PM
After several attempts at trying to raise Super Eruptions Fries and trying different methods, I finally have got them
still alive at 6 weeks with out all dying on me .... Here are Photos of two separate Tanks with my little babies.

Jason
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 01:06 AM
Very nice to see. Any shots of the parents to see how they will turn out?

Jason

jbickel
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 04:37 AM
Hi Jason
These are the only current photos I have of the Pair
They are from the breeder "Forest" based in Malaysia.

I have another Pair which are still going through the motions of Laying correctly and
Fertilizing the eggs properly, hopefully they will get it right soon.

jimbob
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 04:13 PM
Lovely pair one of my favorite strains but the biggest problem is too many are highly enhanced,can you enlighten us about the problems you had and how you went about solving them tks

jbickel
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 10:12 PM
Lovely pair one of my favorite strains but the biggest problem is too many are highly enhanced,can you enlighten us about the problems you had and how you went about solving them tks

Hi Jimbob
Some of the problems Ive had is the fry attaching to the parents which I solved by surrounding
the tank with White paper, the other is they get to 6 weeks and they start dying off in great numbers
this could be due to flukes and other parasites, Ive treated them with medication the first time but
it didnt work and some how they still died off.

This time I kept the parents with them for 7 weeks still together in the same tank
but Water Quality is essential but with family and job commitments this is not always possible.
Im hoping they pull through and have some left ,its definitley a full time job...

My experience with this strain so far is that they aren't so resilient as some other strains
and are a little bit more difficult to raise. Im still learning with each batch but the parents are very
attentive and patient. I also stay away from feeding blood worms at an early stage and feed fry pellets
which are very small and beef heart , I tried using baby brine shrimp but found with the first batch that unless you remove
all the unhatched and hatched brine shrimp shells, they can block the frys stomachs and cause issues.

jimbob
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the reply what med did you use to treat them and at what age,I was told a while ago by an asian breeder to try and get stock that hadnt been enhanced .