PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop in Melbourne?

Bill T.
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 01:04 AM
I'm almost ready to get a couple more discus - where are the best spots to shop in Melbourne for good quality, or are there some reliable mail order options?

Merrilyn
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 02:47 AM
My first choice is always to go to one of our sponsors, Kev at SLS or Rod at Sunshine Discus. Both have good quality fish and are very experienced at shipping.

If that's not an option, you could try Lou Mack at Oakleigh Aquarium Fish Importers. Funny little shop, but he usually has some good stock.

Dee
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:42 AM
Hi Bill,

As Merrilyn said both Rod Lewis and SLS stock great fish, I just got 13 of Rod Lewis and they are all awsome fish ... very healthy and forever hungry. No problems with shipping either, all the fish I got from Rod where eating within 1/2 hour of being put in the tank.

Mac at OAFI has good fish too, I was there on Sunday and he was saying he has new fish to release from Q next week I think. My advice would be try Rod Lewis, he has great fish at great prices. HTH

Cheers,

Dee :)

Merrilyn
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:47 AM
Darn, always get his name mixed up. It's Mack Lew not ......oh well, you get the idea :?

Bill T.
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 05:15 AM
I can't find contact details for either Sunshine Discus or the Oakleigh Aquarium Fish Importers.
Could you guys please give me the details.
Thanks.

Proteus
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 06:25 AM
sunshinediscus is the username here for Rod Lewis

leanne31
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 06:45 AM
Hi Bill I dont know about the others but rods email address is lewisdiscus@optusnet.com.au

Leanne

Merrilyn
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 06:56 AM
Hi Bill, this is the information for the Oakleigh Aquarium shop.

Oakleigh Aquarium

Address
176 Warrigal Road,
OAKLEIGH 3168
Phone 9570 8330
Products/Services Imported aquarium fish
Business Categories Aquariums & Supplies
Zoos, Sanctuaries & Animal Parks

Special Offers importer direct to public.

flukes
Tue Apr 12, 2005, 07:23 PM
www.oafi.cjb.net

ctvu
Wed Apr 13, 2005, 11:07 AM
Hi Bill

I've been at Oakleigh Aquarium couple of times but I found a bit funny you will see what we are saying here when you pay him a visit, I think you should go and have a look too, good stock I must say. Personally I bought my very first discus until now from our sponsors especially SLS, never have any problems. HTH

ctvu

Ben
Fri Apr 15, 2005, 07:25 AM
I heard on the grape vine that OAFI is having a great batch of discus come out of quaratine next week! give him a call!

flukes
Fri Apr 15, 2005, 08:11 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Mac always has a "great bunch" of discus coiming out of QT.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....He does get some good fish but spending $175 on a 4-5cm moisac leopard is just crazy....