PDA

View Full Version : Hello peeps from New Zealand

leahlollypop
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 12:48 AM
Hi All, I have kept tropical fish all my life pretty much but only for the last year started my new love of discus.
I have had a bit of heartache along the way with a couple and now have a thriving 500 lt tank thanks to some tips i found on here.
I have used this site quite a bit already to solve a few issues and will def carry on.
love reading the posts and looking at everyones pictures.

cheers
Leah

Jason
Mon Jan 13, 2014, 07:15 AM
Hi Leah,

Thanks for joining our community. Just wondering if you have any pictures of your tank? I for one would love to see them.

Jason

leahlollypop
Tue Jan 14, 2014, 07:17 PM
Hi Jason, I will try and remember to take some tonight. cheers leah

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 16, 2014, 05:05 AM
Welcome Leah, So glad you have found some answers to your question on the forum. Lots of lovely, knowledgable people on here, all happy to help newcomers :)

leahlollypop
Fri Jan 17, 2014, 09:52 PM
Thank you. Sorry i keep forgetting to take pictures of my tank. I have a quite a tallish planted tank with loads of lighting but still seem to be unsuccessful at growing plants in it. It used to be great but in the last 6 months my plants seem to be not doing so well. so it looks a little bare. even with ferts.
I will take some pictures when my battery recharges on my camera so you guys have an idea of what i am talking about.

watch this space. maybe i will start a new thread about it to see if someone can tell me where i am going wrong all of a sudden.

cheers people :)

Hooked
Mon Jan 27, 2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Leah,

Welcome to the forum! I've been down the planted tank path also this last year. Black Beard Algae has been my biggest hassle. All the best with your plants, : )

Cheers

leahlollypop
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 01:24 AM

here is a picci of my tank, as you can see the plants are not doing too great and thats even with ferts but hey ho.
Its nothing special but i love it.
The red maps (what we call them here in nz) i have grown from 3cm and now they are maybe 5 inches or so. they are 10 months old. The bottom pic is of my turqs. i lost the female unfortunately and i could of cried. I still have the big fella but since his bit of stuff passed i am constantly having to fish him back out the main tank to be treated for something.

leahlollypop
Mon Feb 10, 2014, 01:30 AM
yep the only thing i have found to stop that is the algae blocks you can buy. the look like blue chocolate ha ha god knows why it works but it does