PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Pair Fighting

rburrowes
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 04:55 AM
Hey Guys,

Looking for some advise. I have a pair of super erruptions pretty much by themselves in a 5ft tank for the last 2 years. (Some shrimp and a few L144's) They have laid eggs and had wrigglers quiet a few times. I will point out that the male has always been the dominent one since day one.

What appears to have happened is the male has decided that its time to breed and has been pushing her around slightly, shes decided that shes not happy with being pushed about and now they are starting to fight. The male has backed off and now the female is chasing him around the tank.

Ive completely redesigned the tank, change the water with 30% cold water daily for a week, that didnt work, raised the tank to 31degrees and the issue is still happening.

Other than adding more tank mates, does anyone have any surgestions to stop the fighting.

Cheers
Rob :shock:

giorid
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 06:36 AM
Split them up for awhile if you can, making sure that they can still see each other and wait for them to calm down, then introduce them to each other again and watch, try not to stress them too much as that could weaken their immune system and cause disease. It's better if you don't mix other fish with them due to stress factors. I've lost some really nice fish to fighting, stress and disease, good luck.