PDA

View Full Version : Live foods.

flukes
Fri Mar 26, 2004, 09:09 AM
I was thingking of getting some live foods as a treat for the discus. I was just wondering what people recommend? I know brine shrimp are good and i ll get some of those, also i dont want to get live blood worm as frozen blood worm is one of their favourates and when my mates discus were fed live blood worms they wouldn't eat the frozen and i dont want to be buying live foods all the time. So any suggestions would be great.

Also just another thing does anyone know about those discus diets you find with the blue packaging?? every place i ask that sells them, say they dont have a clue whats in them. When i feed the fish these they always leave this white stringy stuff, I dont think its b/h. Anyone know whats in it?

Thanks
Scott

Proteus
Fri Mar 26, 2004, 10:38 PM
From personal experience with other fish, I try and avoid Live worms... I lost some really cool Gourami to live worms...

As for BS... that should be fine

luvfishies
Sat Mar 27, 2004, 03:03 AM
I treat my discus and angels to week-old Convict fry. Believe it or not, the angels and discus stalk the teenies......and cons are such prolific breeders that I usually have some fry on hand.

Annie
Fri Apr 02, 2004, 10:10 PM
Luv, would Guppy fry work? I have a friend who is giving me a bunch of fry and I thought feeding excess fry would be a good way to not over populate the 10 gal that I will have them in.

What do you think? :shock:

luvfishies
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 03:51 AM
Annie, go for it! Gups are larger when they pop out than the week-old cons are, and trust me, your discus will love you for them!

flukes
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 04:11 AM
and guppies breed like rabbits giving you a constant supply.