PDA

View Full Version : Hi All from Melbourne

DKF
Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:23 PM
Hi guys,

I have just given discus another go, i failed rather badly the first time a few years ago when i got 2 juvies (thats right - that says it all) and have now just gotten back into discus keeping again. This time im addicted!!

What a great forum, lots of info, i love it so had to join!

Will post more later as im at work!

Merrilyn
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the forum DKF. Lots of great information here and plenty of people willing to share their experience. Ask away, we're a friendly lot :)

Hooked
Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:40 PM
Hi DKF,

Welcome ,welcome, you are in the right place! : )

Cheers

Discus Planetarium
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate if I can help you out at all just let me know

Ghoti
Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:32 PM
Hi guys,

I have just given discus another go, i failed rather badly the first time a few years ago when i got 2 juvies (thats right - that says it all)

I've certainly been there! Took a while to get sorted and in the end it gets down to looking after the water and avoiding the temptation to "save" by buying juvies.

Welcome.

Cheers,
Scott

DKF
Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:39 AM
Hey Guys, thanks all for the welcome.

Im going to try post the photos of the 4 blue diamonds i have had for about a week, so hopefully they load on here.

They are a little shy still but do come out about 5 minutes after i walk past and eat like pigs which is great.

Water parameters are very good, about 5ppm of nitrate is the max it gets to all else 0. im doing 20-30% water change every 3 days.

Talk about getting the bugg for discus, im going to go from a 40 gallon, to a 4x18x18 tank, so 70 gallons?? So hoping to go another 5 or 6 juvies and grow them up in it within the next month because i want more! lol