PDA

View Full Version : A couple of my guys

leanne31
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 03:18 AM
Thought it was time I posted a couple of shots of my guys not the best photos I had to use my old camera as i cant get my photos small enough on my new camera (bummer as i only bought it to post photos) a couple of these are fish I got from rod Lewis

Leanne

leanne31
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 03:30 AM
just a couple more :lol:

Leanne

kkiu
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 07:16 AM
The red melon looks yummy.
It can be the main, the others shall be side dishes... please
and some water too, thank you.

Kaza
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 07:23 AM
Leanne not bad but they look better in real life. You seem to have caught some unflattering angles. However at least you can take pictures I cant get mine small enough to let me post.

leanne31
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 07:28 AM
Im using my old camera, not the best photos as you can see their eyes are normally a bright red colour but oh well better than nothing and considering my red melon has been in a very agressive mood lately Im lucky to get any photos as my poor other discus have been to afraid to come out from behind the driftwood they flinch everytime he swims past. :evil:

Leanne

Ben
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 07:59 AM
Nice fish Leanne!
The amazonian swords look great!

Aurora
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 09:15 AM
Hey guys,

If you want to reduce the size of your pics from the digital camera heres what I do.

1. Open the pic from the camera in MS Paint.
2. Go to Image: Stretch/Skew
3. In the Stretch bit make it 40% of normal horizontal and vertical.

That gives a good sized pic, and has always been within the 128kb limit for me.

Hope that helps :)

leanne31
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks dave I'll try and work it out it would be good if I can use my new camera instead of the old one. :lol:

Leanne

flukes
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 10:11 AM
Wow that peppered pigeon blood is a beauty, i always wondered how peppered some pigeons get. He is the most peppered i ve seen...

One day i want too collect heavily peppered pigeons and see if i can create a black discus...

leanne31
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 10:19 AM
my sister gave me that peppered pigeon when I first got into discus but if I had of known what I do now about discus I probably would of thought twice about taking him but I dont mind him, wouldnt have two though.

Leanne

Merrilyn
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 03:33 PM
Beautiful fish and a beautiful looking tank. And hey, I like the little peppered guy. He's got character

weird
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 09:20 AM
I love the snake skin. Is that a red base barless snake skin ?

leanne31
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 10:32 AM
I got him from rod lewis i know hes a fine lined ss but dont know anything else than that maybe a red ss if u read this rod let us know. :lol:

Leanne

weird
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 02:54 PM
Hi Leanne

It is only a guess. I really liked that fish, so when I saw it I started looking in the Discus Catalogue by Martin Ng which I picked up from SLS. Identified as BSS2.

If you don't already have that book I recommend it (it was a bday present for me thanks to the wife) , it is in ring folder format, so it can be updated.

Benno
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 11:42 AM
Hey Leeanne any chance of a full tank picture. Cheerz Benno

leanne31
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 11:45 AM
I'll try tomorrow Benno Ive put them down for a early night tonight :lol:

Leanne

leanne31
Sun Apr 10, 2005, 02:55 AM
Heres a couple more shots of my tank not the best photos as I've only just got the camera and dont know how to use it properly yet and the photo of my red turk hes not beaky he just happened to stretch open his lips as I took the photo. :lol: The tank is getting a overhaul in a couple of days though so Ill take another photo later too

Leanne

leanne31
Sun Apr 10, 2005, 03:00 AM
couple of tank shots a bit blurry though

Leanne

Benno
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 10:00 AM
beautiful Leeanne. keep up the good work. Benno