PDA

View Full Version : leopard skin pair

Arlee
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
i have a pair of leopard skin breeding pair, i have a new batch of eggs every two weeks and then the parents lose interest in them.
so far i have only got one successful batch of fry, and im wonderin if anyone had any advice for me, thanks

ILLUSN
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:03 PM
if they've done it once they can do it again.

if you can get the fry to hatch your all sorted, a method that worked for me was to let them lay eggs, then cage the eggs with gutter guard once the fry hatch remove the female (you can breed her with a spare male if you like). and drop th water level so the male can swim with his fins fully errect.

let the male raise the fry on his own but make sure they're no too rough on him, once they attach feed BBS 3x daily it will take strain of the males milk and hopefully save his fins.

if you can get the fry to 2 weeks they are big enough to survive without the parents just keep up the BBS and get them onto a finely ground (blended/homoginised) beefheart mix.

Arlee
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 05:08 AM
thank you for the advice, i will try ur method.
also, i forgot to mention i get to the fry stage and they attach to the parents and then the next day they start swimming on the bottom and then the parents dont pay attention to them