PDA

View Full Version : My new Reflection D Discus

Bob Daniel
Sat Aug 25, 2012, 08:51 PM
I am thrilled to have received this group of Reflection D discus from Mike Beals (Central Ohio Discus) yesterday.

All have the coveted red eye.

These are the first discus I have kept since I shut down my hatchery about 16 years ago. It's good to be back!

Nev
Sat Aug 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
Very nice looking fish. Keep the pics coming, can't wait to see them fully grown.

Woodsie
Sat Aug 25, 2012, 10:27 PM
Very nice. Won't be long til you have discus fever again :)

Bob Daniel
Mon Aug 27, 2012, 01:50 AM
My current wife is afraid of just that. She has made it clear we need to get another house with a basement or out building suitable for a hatchery. We can't do it at this house and with the economy so bad, no homes are selling in my neighborhood.However, a lot can change in two years.

Bob Daniel
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 05:22 AM
These fish never stop eating! I will swear in court they eat 15 times a day! The only food they are a bit hesitant with is FD Mysis shrimp. They mouth it and blow it out...but ocassionaly one thats been in the water a while is accepted.

I was lucky and able to do 2 large WCs today.

Woodsie
Tue Sep 04, 2012, 05:37 AM
I forgot how much discus eat and how much they poop! Need to buy a shovel I think

Bob Daniel
Wed Sep 12, 2012, 04:22 AM
Here is a photo or two from the other day. The red eyes seem bigger in these photos than they do in life. I wormed these fish within a few days of receipt. After worming they had a huge increase in appetite. I used fresh Prazi powder from Jehmco.

Bob Daniel
Wed Sep 12, 2012, 04:24 AM
The top fish in the tank has the worst shape of the seven. He? also rules the rest of them with an iron fist.

Bob Daniel
Sun Sep 23, 2012, 04:47 AM
Here is a video Dswn took of them earlier today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFotxHvfNlA&feature=youtu.be

We have had them about a month now.

dvdrew
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 12:38 AM
Any updates? I would like to see how they have grown.

Woodsie
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
Any updates on these guys? Must be getting big now?