PDA

View Full Version : Friend letting Discus Die...

Roryland
Tue Jul 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
Hi guys,

I have a friend who has Discus and he has 5 discus in a little 2ft tank. Its pretty poorly looked after and he doesnt really seem to look after it,do water changes or anything.

I feel really bad for the Discus as I love Discus! I don't really know how to tell him without offending him. I tried to get him on this forum but hes not really computer savvy.

Any to the point of my story,one of the discus he has is a blue diamond adult. He told me yesterday that it doesnt eat and some of its scales are falling off and he is just going to let it die....

I was pretty devastated when he said he would just let it die. I went over and tried to show him some of the disease threads on the forum. Personally I dont know that much about them myself. But he said you can have the discus if you want or ill just let it die.

If I went over to his house and took some pictures of it. Do you think you guys could help me to figure out whats wrong with the discus? I want to save it and I will put it in a hospital tank at my house and hopefully get it into my tank at home. Or should I just let the poor guy die?

Sorry for the long post.
Rory

Discus Planetarium
Tue Jul 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
only one thing to do mate take all his discus off him....

ILLUSN
Tue Jul 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
if he's not keen to puit in the effort you cant save the fish.

DO NOT BRING SICK FISH INTO YOUR HOME!

theres always the risk whatever is making the sick fish sick will infect your fish.

Conrad
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 12:27 AM
doesnt sound like your friend deserves the pleasure of keeping discus

Roryland
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 01:10 AM
Ok,I understand!

Amazes me that some people will just buy discus because they look cool before doing any re-search.

I agree with you guys,he doesnt.
if he's not keen to puit in the effort you cant save the fish.

DO NOT BRING SICK FISH INTO YOUR HOME!

theres always the risk whatever is making the sick fish sick will infect your fish.

mawhins
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 03:20 AM
Ok I've calmed down enough to post. I was going to say take it and go for the rescue but illusn is absolutely right. Unfortunately.

Roryland
Wed Jul 18, 2012, 03:30 AM
Yeah its so hard to see such beautiful fish not looked after!

Illusn is the man though!

Poor fish! Feel so sorry for it/them.

I need to show my discus so they know how spoilt they are =P