1 pidgeon blood 3 inch
1 cobalt blue or blue diamond (not sure which)3 inch
2 blue turq 31/2 inch

fish fed on
frozen heart/brine shrimps/flake/pellets

jaylox
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 01:25 AM
problem i have:
The brown discus was king of the tank for the last 4 months(It was even having moves made on it by the pidgeon blood and i thought they might pair up(load of fanning by the pidgeon blood),that was until the blue turq arrived .the blue turq went in 5 days ago and had picked on the bigger wild brown non stop since it arrived.As you can see by the pictures the brown isnt in the best of shape and hasnt been since i bought it,to me the fish was in a bad way when i got it, but it was thrown in with the other 2 discus for free when i bought them.
To me the brown looks like it has'nt been raised very well as it has a weird body shape and quite large eyes,if you look at the head on pic,you can see the shape is fat in the middle(gut)and razor thin towards the top and bottom fins,this is loads different from the other fish as they look plumper and more uniformed in their shape.
My cause for concern now is since the new blue went in the brown has had its finns clipped by the blue(i think?)either it is the blue fighting or it has fin rot??.
Can anyone give me some advice in getting the brown discus in better shape,its my favorite fish in the tank and is the most friendly.

i can put the blue turq back in the quarranteen tank on its own or i can hope things settle down and when another new fish comes out of quarranteen ,maybe things will settle down some more then?

any advice will be much appreciated as this is all new to me with discus.cheers jay

jaylox
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 01:43 AM
pic 3

jaylox
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 01:50 AM
all 4 fish feed very well, all come to the glass when i walk past very friendly.new 4 "snakeskin coming into this tank at the beggining of the week after next(from quarranteen)
other fish in the tank
2 clown loaches and a plec

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 09:14 AM
Hi Jaylox amd welcome to the forum. Nice looking tank you have there.

Have you ever wormed that wild brown. From the look of the swollen gut and the pinched appearance around the head, he could have a worm burden.

The others could also be carrying worms, but because of their more robust heath, it's not such a big problem.

My suggestion would be to go to your local pet store and get a good quality worm preparation to treat the whole tank.

goldenpigeon
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 01:19 AM
i also think after treatment remove the brown into the hospital/quarrenteen (sorry about spelling) tank and fatten him up and give him a rest from the bullying. maybe hold him in there so you can concentrate on his health. when he starts getting better introduce 1 of the discus he was friendly into his tank for company. he wont like being alone but his health needs to be regained.

best of luck