PDA

View Full Version : Hydor Thermal Filters

AgeofAquariums
Fri Apr 01, 2005, 07:50 AM
Hi All,

We now have the range of Hydor Thermal Filters. Here is a run down,

Fantastic all in one solution to complement or replace (part of) your existing filtration.

A complete 4 in 1 filtering system combining: air pump, heater and bio-mechanical filtration, plus optional use as a powerhead
A real 1 plug only system, not numerous messy plugs and cords
Heater is totally hidden by casing, very aesthetically appealing
Heater uses PTC technology, thus safe if run dry or removed from water without switching off accidentally
Removable filter body enables conversion and easy attachment to an undergravel filter system, thus providing an aerating powerhead with heater combined
The filter body can be easily taken out of the water without detaching the basic structure from the aquarium. It contains two sponges offering a very large surface area for bio- mechanical filtration. Additional carbon bag can improve the chemical filtration
There is a special place where filtering media can be added (carbon, zeolite, ceramic media). Designed for simple and fast maintenance.
The filter body has the water intake placed on both sides. This particular shape was studied to prevent leaves and big debris from stopping the water flow.
Specs :

Available in 2 models

350lph & 50 watt heating / 480lph & 100 watt heating

Link,

Hydor Thermal Filters (http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/category3_1.htm)

Ben :shock:

DiscusMad
Fri Apr 01, 2005, 12:24 PM
looks great I am looking for a new pump/filter system for a 3 foot tank and trying to work out what to use on it is there any other info you can give me for this item other than what on the site?

AgeofAquariums
Fri Apr 01, 2005, 11:32 PM
Hi DiscusMad,

What would you like to know ?

Ben :D

DiscusMad
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 01:12 PM
is the sponges externial or internail (sorry about the spelling)

how well doese the heater in it preform?

would this item be better used with a canster filter or should I just go for an in line heater with a canster

I am trying to work out a new filtration set up for a new tank and cant decide what to go with at the moment :roll:
the tank is a 126Lt

AgeofAquariums
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 05:42 AM
Hi,

The sponge is internal. The heater is extremely accurate as it runs of a heater mat instead of a coil. A Inline heater with a external filter would be more efficent.

Ben :D

DiscusMad
Mon Apr 04, 2005, 02:23 PM
great!

any discounts being a DF member? :wink: