PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Discus Babies

tommy mf
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 07:45 AM
looking for interest in the babies I have, they will be ready after the 30th June 2012.

Dad is an albino leopard snake skin
Mum is a penang eruption

Babies eating well on live microworms, baby brine shrimp, live black worms and beef heart mixture.

Size: 2-4cm
Price: $10 each

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/aszian/20120517_202454.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/aszian/20120507_180742.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/aszian/IMG_0890.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/aszian/IMG_0886.jpg

jimmilfish
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 08:05 AM
Whats your location ?

Hooked
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi,

Great looking colour and pattern on the parents! Good luck with the sale,

Cheers

Klawz
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure he is in Dandenong Nth Victoria

BT1-355
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
Do you have a contact number ???

syxx
Sun Jun 17, 2012, 09:29 PM
If you are in Queensland I will take the lot, If you are in VIC good luck with the sale :)

Ghoti
Mon Jun 18, 2012, 03:20 AM
Pretty sure he is in Dandenong Nth Victoria

I'm pretty sure he's the guy I got some RCS from a while back, and that was in North Dandenong (Victoria). That being the case he's come a long way - when I visited he had some very shy juvies.

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at raising some of these guys.

Cheers,
Scott.

syxx
Mon Jun 18, 2012, 04:02 AM
Ok thanks Scott

tommy mf
Mon Jun 18, 2012, 09:58 AM
woops sorry, not on this website as much as I'd like.

as stated I am from Victoria, Dandenong North specifically.

Pm me if you are after any, as stated I am not on here much, but the fish won't be available for another 2 weeks so will jump on before then.

Cheers

njslocksmithservice
Thu Jun 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
nice fish

tommy mf
Sat Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hello all,

I have decided to sell these guys earlier than expected.

the majority are approximately 2.5-3cm.

If you are interested, please leave your number.

First come first serve basis, those that have left their number will be contacted in the morning.

Price: $10 each.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for your comments.

rex82
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
Hello all,

I have decided to sell these guys earlier than expected.

the majority are approximately 2.5-3cm.

A bit young aren't they? Most would be lucky to make it to Thier new home let alone live a week

tommy mf
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 09:57 AM
hi,

I understand your concern, what size are they meant to be sold at?

I have them in their own tank for approximately two weeks now away from the parents, they are all eating fine on live microworms, live bbs, live black worms, beef heart and a bit of Sera discus pellets.

from an expert point of view, when are they ready to go? as they are already living away from parents and eating without any help.

(seeking your expertise)

rex82
Sun Jun 24, 2012, 10:22 AM
Usually around 2" size so 5cm. Generally about 8 weeks from the hatch date. They will be better to transport and acclimatize at that age and you will be able to see any flaws to cull for in the meantime(short gills, sunken dorsals etc). At around 4 weeks you may have a few die so best to get them well past that stage.
It will help your future name to cull the low quality ones and sell them at the larger size do people don't get discouraged by having Thier fish die prematurely. You will most likely have to raise your sale price to cover costs but quality will always reign supreme over quantity.

HTH Ross

After reading my comment back I actually think I sounded rude and I do apologize for that, was never meant to sound blunt at all and thanks for not taking it that way.

tommy mf
Mon Jun 25, 2012, 06:54 AM
Hey Ross, thanks for your suggestion, I think I will withdraw this sale unless people are happy to take that risk. (shall put a buyer beware notice or something)

For 5cm fish, price will be pushed up to around the $25+ mark each as I've seen lower strains go for around that price.

Thanks again Ross, will repost this when they are ready to go again.

rex82
Mon Jun 25, 2012, 10:09 AM
That's grea to hear Timmy, very fair on the pricing also. It also gives you more time to work out which ones you may wanna keep for yourself ;)