PDA

View Full Version : Display Tanks - Akva-Stabil Display Tanks

rburrowes
Tue Apr 24, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hey Guys,

Been looking at getting a nice display tanks, went for a drive over the weekend and came accross Coburg Aquarium. They have some really nice Akva-Stabil tanks (Dutch Brand) but they have a massssive cost attached to them as well.

Anyway been looking around for a second hand Akva-Stabil and have come accross a few of them, but they appear to be very scearce. The question is, are they worth the extra cash, yes they look nice and appear very solid, but am I flushing my cash.

Cheers
Rob

rburrowes
Tue Apr 24, 2012, 07:19 AM
Appologies, put this in the incorrect section. Please move to Equipment.

rburrowes
Fri Apr 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
Surprised no one has an opinion on this brand of tank.

ILLUSN
Fri Apr 27, 2012, 03:00 AM
In all honesty the tanks job is to hold water fro the fish,

personally i'd buy a cheap tank and spend the money on the cabinet/gear/fish, after all its just a glass box

rburrowes
Wed May 02, 2012, 05:00 AM
Thanks mate, I should have been more specific, I'm looking for a simular setup to the one being advertised below. So tank, cabnet and light.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13597

lou1
Wed May 02, 2012, 06:05 AM
For the price of one of those tanks you could get a 8 ft tank and cabinet made to order .

Merrilyn
Wed May 02, 2012, 09:55 AM
Rob, that tank of taksan's was absolutely stunning, and even more impressive in the flesh. When filled with water, the clarity of the tank was unbelievable.

Taksan was a total fanatic when it came to cleaning his tanks, and doing water changes three times a week. His tanks always looked fabulous, (and they still do) but that one was definitely the stand out of his collection.