PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CRS in Sydney

BT Gunner
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 02:23 PM
Anyone know where any crystal red shrimp for sale at the moment in sydney? and price too if you know.

aussieant32
Thu Dec 29, 2011, 08:58 PM
George at SLS had some last time I was there I think, was only last weekend.

orange
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:42 AM
I will have some up for sale @$5 each email me if you still want some

swampy1972
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 03:23 AM
I will have some up for sale @$5 each email me if you still want some

That's a good price.. What grade and would you have a pic of the sale stock you could post?

orange
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 05:08 AM
I didnt mention the grades as they are mixed. They are also of varying sizes. Majority would be As but the lower grades are the older ones which were purchased as A grades anyway.
Pickup will either be at North Ryde or Parramatta.

only have about 10 or so available
but priority will go to BTGunner

if you are interested in them just message me
and i will put you in the queue[/img]

orange
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 05:10 AM
Cannot upload the picture as I get an error.
Will try again later tonight

orange
Fri Dec 30, 2011, 08:41 AM
here is the picture as an attachment
had to reduce the file size because it wont let me attach it otherwise

aussieant32
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 11:20 PM
might just be the pic quality, but I would not say they were A grades? Look more like High C, low B?

Plecofan
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 11:27 PM
anyone got large quantity of CRS for sale a grades perfer.... please pm me if you do looking for 150 plus

BT Gunner
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 06:10 AM
orange..i'll definitely get some from you. Have sent you a message with my contact.

orange
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
I never said they were all A grades. They were however sold to me as A grades but yes they are mixed. Either way they are going to BT Gunner.
I doubt you will find cheaper CRS anywhere for this price. IF you do let me know!!

aussieant32
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 10:31 PM
The LFS near me sells C grades for $3 each. B's for $5 and A's for $20. I didn't mean to sound like I was having a go, it was just that you said that some were A's and all the ones in picture were more like C's. Love to see a photo of you A's?

orange
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 06:39 AM
May I ask which LFS this is? I might go down on the weekend.

orange
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 06:45 AM
This is a C grade

Please refer to link for grades

http://www.planetinverts.com/crystal%20red%20shrimp%20grading%20guide.html

My shrimp have no C grades

orange
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 06:47 AM
http://www.planetinverts.com/crsgradeguide/others/athree.jpg

A grades

(images taken from planetinverts as reference)[/url]

BT Gunner
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
Got 10 from Orange earlier this month and all 10 are doing well. They survived for a few days in nearly 30degrees water and now in 24degrees water.
The small ones i got looks like A grade, slightly bigger ones had some B and Cs.
Also got some free plants

Very happy!

swampy1972
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
might just be the pic quality, but I would not say they were A grades? Look more like High C, low B?

Completely disagree. I'd be happy to sell them as A grd.

You may want to have a look through this grading guide aussie to get a bit more familiar with standard grading.

http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/shop/activekb/index.php?ToDo=view&questId=527&catId=27

tran.nguyen
Sat Jan 21, 2012, 02:43 AM
I like the reds (c grade) more than the so called sss versions. Personally I dont think you should take any notice of "grading" unless it has to do with health of the shrimp, at the end of the day it is just somebody else's opinion, not fact.

swampy1972
Sat Jan 21, 2012, 07:01 AM
I like the reds (c grade) more than the so called sss versions. Personally I dont think you should take any notice of "grading" unless it has to do with health of the shrimp, at the end of the day it is just somebody else's opinion, not fact.

The grade relates directly to the strength of colour and pattern.. A very healthy C grd will always only ever display weak colour and poor colour band separation - it's what makes it a C :P [/u]

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Jan 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
The LFS near me sells C grades for $3 each. B's for $5 and A's for $20. I didn't mean to sound like I was having a go, it was just that you said that some were A's and all the ones in picture were more like C's. Love to see a photo of you A's?

Are we looking at the same picture? They are A grade. They are no where near C grade mate.

tran.nguyen
Sat Jan 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
"The grade relates directly to the strength of colour and pattern.. A very healthy C grd will always only ever display weak colour and poor colour band separation - it's what makes it a C"

The link you posted stated that c grade was almost entirely red which apparently is the closest to the original shrimp found in the wild, I was just saying that I like the full red look better than the SSS which are almost entirely white.

swampy1972
Sat Jan 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
I must of misread your post where you stated that grading should be ignored unless it's concerning the health of the shrimp.. :P
Its health has nothing to do with the grade.
The full red is closer to the original colouration, but the grading now relates to the line bred red/white CRS as we know them now..
There are a few breeders out there attempting to breed the white mutation out of them to get them back to the full red - focusing on depth of colour.

Any, for the OP.. Keep an eye on Petlink and the Aquariumlife forum. You'll see them on there pretty frequently, although availability usually drops a little during the warmer months.

tran.nguyen
Sat Jan 21, 2012, 11:57 PM
Basically what I meant is if you like it, buy it don't be concerned with the fact its a "c" grade unless the grading is concerned with the health of the shrimp, too many breeders out there hybridising this, that and the other, I only agree with it if it helps the fish ie, better immune system etc.

Sorry should of clarified in my op :)