PDA

View Full Version : games they play

DiscusMad
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 04:58 PM
Well my SS has found a new game to play its call move the glass thermometer up out of the water.

I thought it was very funny to watch untill the bugger broke the tip of it :evil:

Or (all of the discus) lets all duck and hide when somebody walks into the room and I realy don't think its because they are scared because other times the race to the front of the tank to get your attension.

And some times they duck and hide and then come out very excited to see you or if you are new to them the do this and still at the front of the tank turn facing the other way as if to say I don't like you! :roll:

My water is always good and they are in a room thats not used much (we just go in there for breakfast so we can watch them in the mornings) there is nothing to upset them I just think there behaviour is from watching us comming in and out of the room.

I just find these guys just playful. Even when I thought the SS was being a bully I think he was just showing off for its owner :roll: because when the room lights are out and they can't see outside of there tank far they swim about together with out any tail slaping.Even the small baby get into the act of playing with the others by chasing the bigger ones around in turn lol I have never seen a visious attack from any of them just happy tail slaping

Proteus
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 09:01 PM
One of my Bunga Rayas has learnt a new game...

Its called "If I dont get my way I will go to the corner and sulk"

He is always the first to the front of the tank hoping and praying for food... but when he see's me walk right past the cabinet that the large Colorbits container is in he goes to the back corner, head down and sulks...

At first I though maybe he wasnt well, so I went to grab the food, and guess what, he bolted out to the front, collecting 3-4 of his buddies on the way... give him a feed and he does a shimmy, a dance, comes up to the glass and shows off, yet if you tease him and dont feed him, back to the corner he goes...

The rest of the time he is swimming around doing his thing, yet as soon as he knows you are there, the sulk begins...

I tell ya, they can work us out... I mean how can I not give him a snack when he is doing the sad face trick.

Merrilyn
Sun Mar 27, 2005, 03:23 AM
And they say fish are dumb, pffft they don't seem to have any trouble training us humans :?

jwight
Sun Mar 27, 2005, 01:39 PM
I reckon, clean my water! Feed Me! Spend your entire savings on a larger home for me! Set the temperature to 30 degrees and I dont want it to move! And no other fish has a hold just like discus we cant even have a holiday!

DiscusMad
Fri Apr 01, 2005, 12:47 PM
I reckon, clean my water! Feed Me! Spend your entire savings on a larger home for me! Set the temperature to 30 degrees and I dont want it to move! And no other fish has a hold just like discus we cant even have a holiday!

LOL we are thinking of buying a place where we can have a costom wall tank for the lounge area and have it a length of a wall and about 4-5 foot deep one day and set it up just for the discus with all the native plants to go into it :roll:

leanne31
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 03:17 AM
I reckon your right these fish really do run our lives I mean I couldnt go away on a holiday either I think I spend the whole time worrying about my fish and my friends think Im weird when I go out with them etc and I say that I have to go so I can feed my fish But I love them I baby them as much as what I do with my 4 children. :lol:

Leanne

jwight
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 03:23 PM
You have gotten it all wrong you have kids so you can make them do water changes and feed the fish. Leanne what suburb do you live in, in adelaide?

leanne31
Sat Apr 02, 2005, 03:47 PM
I live in Morphett Vale and trust me my kids know they arent to go near my fish unless they're gonna sit quietly and look its quite funny if they have friends over they take them to see the fish and they tell them to keep still while they look :lol:

Leanne