PDA

View Full Version : Stunted Discus

Angelman
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 02:22 PM
When I got my Discus a few months back I got 7. They were Dime sized. One looked really bad and stressed during shipping. This fish would never swim always learned against a clay pot or the sponge filter. He would only swim when it was feeding time and even then he struggled with it missing a lot. Then go back to his spot a sit there till the next feeding time. After about 1 month I moved them from a 10g to a 75g for further growing. but I left this one as I was thinking culling but I can't if he eats. I added a few baby dwarf gouramis that were growing out about 1 month old to the 10g. Little change with him growth really slow for another month. Moved them all to a 29g as the DG's were getting big now. After the move I sold most of the DG's but 1, as my Discus is attached to this fish. He now is starting to grow again and swims like normal. He does have bad bottom fins as they curve at 90deg angles under him. but it never sits on the bottom anymore.
Is this fish done for in the long term? I planned to just keep him in my "special" tank but worry he will be lonely. It is still 1/2 the size of others I got the same age.

ILLUSN
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 08:56 PM
he sounds like a runt he will syill live a long natural life just always look a little funny