PDA

View Full Version : 100 gram & 200 gram Freeze Dried Blackworms

dan4cbw
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 04:21 AM
Who we are: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...sno-California

I am now offering our Farm Raised California Blackworms in Freeze Dried Form.
They are the same as our Frozen Blackworms that are being Flash Frozen at a Fresh and Frozen Fruit packing Facility. The Live Blackworms are run through a Food Grade conveyer Flash Freezer after being run through a dose of Irradiation, the same they use for their product. They are Flash Frozen in less then 10 minutes in the same trays as our high density Frozen. Solid Blackworms! Then their brought to our facility and run through the freeze drying process.

These are the prices for our Freeze Dried California Blackworms sent to most Australian destinations.
All orders are sent via USPS International Priority mail.

100 grams of 30 Cube Flats at AU$ 39.99 Shipping Included
( Four of our 25gram Flats)

200 grams of 30 Cube Flats at AU$ 69.99 Shipping Included
( Eight of our 25 gram Flats)

We ship our Freeze Dried every Thursday via USPS International Priority Mail.
Payments by PayPal to our ID of blkworm@aol.com or credit card.

Please feel free PM or email any questions you may have to either Jennifer or myself to blkworm@aol.com

Dan
Photo is of our 25 gram Cube Flat
Front-Back view of 25 gram Freeze Dried California Blackworms.jpg

Nev
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
Are these cleared by quarantine to get into the country?

dan4cbw
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 11:26 PM
Are these cleared by quarantine to get into the country?

I've been shipping to AU going on 3-4 weeks now. No issues.
Their not insect or larvae, their the same species that already exist
outside Melbourne and distributed through Australia. Just a lot less $$

Dan

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 09:25 PM
What are they declared as on the customs declaration?

dan4cbw
Sun Nov 20, 2011, 06:11 AM

Why?
How would it affect guaranteed arrival when it doesn't now.

Nev
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 01:13 PM
Coz most fish foods (all) get stopped by quarantine unless they're approved by them.

Ghoti
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 08:10 PM
Coz most fish foods (all) get stopped by quarantine unless they're approved by them.

And the person receiving them may be. charged with customs offences. Nothing wrong with legitimate imports which will bear appropriate declaration and have said certification.

BDA is not intending to be offensive I guess, just being. careful.

The delivery guarantee is not going to cover fines of several thousand $AUD which could ruin both your business and the hobbyists. Best advice to all is to operate within customs laws.

Cheers,
Scott

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 01:30 AM

Why?
How would it affect guaranteed arrival when it doesn't now.

You did not answer the question. :)

dan4cbw
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 03:49 AM
You did not answer the question.

Their declared as what they are " Lumbriculus Variegatus" in dry form.
I'm more then familiar with AU Customs and Regulations being
I have semi lived in Melbourne and or commuted back and forth from Calif. for years.
Its we I have been for the last two weeks.

Dan

nevsfish
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 06:08 AM
i buy my freeze dried black worms from australian blackworms.they may cost a little more than your product but i like to support australian business,and also mal is a great guy and always sends me a little extra when i order at no added cost. .regards lawrence

Exotic Aquatic
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 10:56 AM
nice curipera!

nevsfish
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 07:49 PM
thanks adrian .they have really come along.i now have 2cm juvies.hoefully they turn out ok.

dan4cbw
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 09:34 PM
i buy my freeze dried black worms from australian blackworms.they may cost a little more than your product but i like to support australian business,and also mal is a great guy and always sends me a little extra when i order at no added cost. .regards lawrence

That is to be respected.
It is a world Market though thanks to the Internet.
AU Blackworms in the USA and USA Blackworms in AU.
Maybe we should both just pull out.

Dan

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
Maybe we should both just pull out.

Dan

Not at all. Competition at retail level is both to be expected and healthy. It gives the customer a choice.

dan4cbw
Thu May 03, 2012, 11:11 PM
New Freeze Dried Blackworm Specials for Australian Shipping.
Who we are: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...sno-California

I am now offering our Farm Raised California Blackworms in Freeze Dried Form.
They are the same as our Frozen Blackworms that are being Flash Frozen at a Fresh and Frozen Fruit packing Facility. The Live Blackworms are run through a Food Grade conveyer Flash Freezer after being run through a dose of Irradiation, the same they use for their product. They are Flash Frozen in less then 6 minutes in the same trays as our high density Frozen. Solid Blackworms! Then their brought to our facility and run through the freeze drying process.

120 grams of 30 Cube Flats at AU$ 29.99 Shipping Included

Payments can be made by PayPal to our ID of blkworm@aol.com
or credit card through our secure site https://aquaticfoods.com/creditcard.shtm
Please feel free PM or email any questions you may have to either Jennifer or myself to blkworm@aol.com

Dan
blkworm@aol.com
Front-Back view of 25 gram Freeze Dried California Blackworms.jpg

dan4cbw
Tue May 08, 2012, 12:24 AM
10-15 Forum Members wanted for California Blackworms Samples

Hi Discus Forum Members,
We are California Blackworm Co. http://aquaticfoods.com/wormfarm.html
We've been farming and supplying California Blackworms to the Tropical Fish Wholesalers, Retail Fish Store and the Hobbyist here in the USA going on almost thirty years now. For the last year or so we have offered Frozen and Freeze Dried California Blackworms.
Its time to start shipping DIRECT to the Hobbyist and selected Resellers through out the world now.

We are looking for 10-15 Discus Forum Members who are well established and respected members that are interested in product testing our Freeze Dried California Blackworms. Your test pack would include our Cube Flat, Small Cubes and our Loose Blackworms All at no cost to you. We ask that you post your findings and opinions of our product and its pricing.

Interested?
Post here or email us your Screen name, name and complete delivery address and a very brief listing
of your Fish and Aquariums. I'll post the participating members screen names and we'll get started.
thanks everyone,

Dan
California Blackworm Co.
blkworm@aol.com

ILLUSN
Tue May 08, 2012, 12:41 AM
Hi Dan, I tried to enter my details onto your website but i kept getting disconnected, I've just emailed my cc exp and ccv to Jennifer.

is it possible to have a sample pack added to my order You've already got my shipping details. Here's my specs

fish room ~4000L current species
Angels: Altums F1, Manacaparu F1, Surinams F1, various domestics incluyding albino cyrstals, super veiltails, high cover Koi Marbels
L numbers: 66, 134, 104, 202, 168,
whiptails: LG6, long nose
Bristlenose: Albino longfin, peppermint, common longfin, orangespot
Discus:1 display tank various types
Saratogoa, Planted comunity display tank of rainbows and tetras.
And some extra stock on the way.

dan4cbw
Tue May 08, 2012, 12:50 AM
Were working on it as i send this.
Just email the exp and ccv #'s to blkworm@aol.com
I'll make sure the Loose and small cubes are sent.
I'll also keep you in as one of the Sample Members.

Dan

Ghoti
Tue May 08, 2012, 04:55 AM

Dan
Sorry to cause you troubles Dan, but it may save you in the long run.

I was under the impression that all US merchants were obliged to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. I am fairly certain AOL does not have its email secured to the standard required for credit card transactions which could put you at risk of being personally liable for any fraudulent use + any fines they levy which are usuallly in the $millions.

For the protection of yourself and your customers I would strongly suggest you wear the small transactional cost and use a certified payments processor.

Cheers,
Scott

dan4cbw
Tue May 08, 2012, 05:14 AM

Dan
Sorry to cause you troubles Dan, but it may save you in the long run.

I was under the impression that all US merchants were obliged to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. I am fairly certain AOL does not have its email secured to the standard required for credit card transactions which could put you at risk of being personally liable for any fraudulent use + any fines they levy which are usuallly in the $millions.

For the protection of yourself and your customers I would strongly suggest you wear the small transactional cost and use a certified payments processor.

Cheers,
Scott

Scott, what does aol have to do with credit card payments which are not needed or wanted for Samples to be sent?

Dan

BigDaddyAdo
Tue May 08, 2012, 11:29 AM
I think what Scott saying is that you are asking for credit card details to be sent to your email address which is not secure by any stretch of the imagination.

swampy1972
Tue May 08, 2012, 12:55 PM
I certainly wouldn't do it.. PayPal as a minimum!!

Ghoti
Tue May 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
I think what Scott saying is that you are asking for credit card details to be sent to your email address which is not secure by any stretch of the imagination.

Absolutely.

Assuming you are operating under your own Merchant Agreement you will see the Acquirer requires you to be Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ('PCI DSS') compliant.

The standard sets out 200+ control requirements for any system or process that stores a Card Number, with additional controls on the use and storage of the CCV. Given the expense of the controls almost NO email server complies.

Jothy risks potential card fraud (up to the credit limit) and maybe card cancellation. You risk fines of US$500,000 per month until the situation is rectified.

Its nothing to do with the free samples, its all about you as a merchant accepting credit card details via email. And one number is all it takes.

With credit card fraud now exceeding drug distribution for profitability the Card Schemes are doing all they can to secure transactions and crucify Merchants that put them at risk.

I have nothing against you or your business Dan, just trying to save you from a potential disaster.

Cheers,
Scott

Merrilyn
Tue May 08, 2012, 03:10 PM
Dan didn't you say you can process payments via Paypal.

dan4cbw
Tue May 08, 2012, 04:59 PM
Dan didn't you say you can process payments via Paypal.

PayPal for sure, to our ID of blkworm@aol.com.
I think he's confused as to how we accept payments. Why, I don't know. As I said AOL has nothing to do with the way we accept payments. No one that I know of emails their full card information now days.

Jothy sure didn't send it via email. I appricate the advice Scott but the Bank of America merchant account that I have is no less then twenty five years old with first phone and then internet sales going back fifteen plus years. thanks though.

Dan

ILLUSN
Tue May 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
I think I need to clarify.
I tried entering my details via a secure connection. Unfortunately optus was having a bad day and the 3G connection wasn't playing nice. I was unable to finish my payment details.

At no stage did Dan ask for me to email my complete details only those that are incomplete.

Sorry for any confusion