PDA

View Full Version : General Separation of Discus

rburrowes
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 02:40 AM
Hey Guys,

Just a quick one for you, I have just got 4 beautiful adult discus, 2 pairs, thanks Adrian. Specifically, 2 super eruptions, one blue base and 1 red base, 1 alainca and 1 high body scorpion.

The problem is, on there arrival I placed all of them in a 200L tank without issues, the became friendly towards each other and everything was happy, now I divided the tank into 2 with a piece of per specs that took with about 4 hours of hole drilling, 2mm holes, with a 5mm separation from each other.

Now the environment has changed slightly and they are all against the perpects at the back beside each other.

I put the divider in there hoping to get them to breed. So do I take the per specs out and let them have their happy life together, or will they get used to the idea of being separated and start breeding again?

Cheers

Rob

giorid
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 06:41 AM
hi rob,
If I were you I'd take the perspecs/divider out and whatch them for awhile and see what they do if one pair or both start to lay eggs then put the divider back in, I think they feel more secure as a group at the moment and separating them might stress them out, just my opinion, maybe someone else as a different view, cheers max.

Mr Wild
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 11:14 AM
Agree with giorid, until they lay eggs a few times and gaurd them the pair bond is not truly made. ATM they are just lonel;y for each other.

Nev
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 12:20 PM
Yep wot they said.