PDA

View Full Version : Heater

maxpayne40
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 12:19 AM
I have a Jebo heater in my tank and it is currently 30 degrees and I am looking to turn the temperature down. I have misplaced the instructions and was wondering if anyone can tell me which way you turn the dail (clockwise or anti-clockwise) to lower the temperature.

Thanks.

swifto
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 05:57 AM
Here's an idea get a new heater with the temp dial on the top then u don't have to guess which way to turn the nob

Nev
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 01:20 AM
Not very helpfull swifto.
If its got a little light that comes on when it's working, then wait till it's off, turn knob till it comes on, and you'll know which way is which. Light on +, light off -

Nev
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 02:09 AM
Thought they may all be standard, looked at my spares and they could b either direction, so try my first suggestion.
Cheers.

Xerxes
Tue Dec 20, 2011, 08:07 PM
Another thing too, is that most temperature knobs have horrible calibration for the degree settings given. A good way to know what temperatures you are getting should be is to put the heater in a bucket with a very accurate thermometer and let the heater steady-state. Adjust the temperature on the heater until you get the desired temperature for your tank.

It's also a good idea to have two heaters going, one a few degrees lower than the other, just as a failsafe against the main one getting knocked out somehow and then freezing your discus dead before you realize what happened. I throw out the main heater if it looks dark on a corner of the glass or it's been a year or so.

Then unplug the heater and let the thing cool before you even think of taking it out of the tub: you will crack the glass on the heater if not sufficiently cooled, not notice the crack, and then electrocute dead your fish.

You could do the calibration in the tank, but you should do it in the bucket for the first time use of the heater, since the setting on the heater could be way off at first out of the box.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but figured this could be helpful.