PDA

View Full Version : Oops.....

LEG-IT
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hey,

Just like to share my oops moment.

I've had this cyst?? (looks like a zit) thats been in my system for a year or so, comes and goes. So i've been using protozin and been "double dosing", unfortunately to say because of my genius idea i've lost 4 Bn's and possibly my l104 plec, seems like its only been affecting the pleco's inparticular, possibly since they are scaleless?

Just did a 50% water change and added safe, so right now really hoping the l104 pulls through, might have done to much damage internally though..

So guys always stick to dosage rate's given, my lesson learnt..

cheers

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 09:04 AM
oh no!!!

also perhaps sterazin would have been a better choice?

hope the plec pull through man!

LEG-IT
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 09:22 AM
A few other people that had similar problems recommended, worked once on that redback, and his still alive and well!

Had a quick look at the l104, 2hrs before white-pinkish base, extremely stressed, now back to dark brown with yellow stripes!

was looking extremely dull not to long ago, though don't wanna get my hopes up just yet might of done to much internally..

ILLUSN
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 09:25 AM
Plecos are super sensitive to most meds on the bottle it says use at 1/2 dose if tetras loaches or other scaleless species are present.

LEG-IT
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 09:35 AM
yea i knew, but got alittle up myself lol.

says on the bottle do not use when elephant nose fish, sturgeon fish, stingrays are other related fish are present, so i presume it also meant scaleless fish too and juvie fish's..

LEG-IT
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 11:48 AM
its still alive :D