PDA

View Full Version : tank breed alenquers with fry

nevsfish
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
hi everybody i posted picks of this pair about 2 weeks ago with wrigglers here is a update

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 11:08 PM
WOW! well done Lawrence!!! thats some fast growth too... What are you feeding? Brine or pellet?

nevsfish
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 11:13 PM
hi adrian i started with cyclop eeze a freeze dried artemia replacment .it worked a treat they are now taking crushed sera discus granules

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
excellent work man! We have 3-4 pairs with fry at the moment in the shop too, hopefully they sell before they breed again as im running out of room BAD!!! I was using crushed sera granulat from day 1, but another customer had given me some pellets similar to NLS grow, tiny little stinky ones that they seem to love! It does cloud the water a bit, but im experiencing little to no losses with our maintenance regime.

Come down for a laugh next your in the area, havent seen you for a couple weeks now.

Regards,
EA

nevsfish
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 11:50 PM
here are two shots of my golden male and turk throwback female with free swimmers.

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 12:07 AM
i like the yellow male!

You bred these Turqs didnt you? Must have wild parents/grandparents to get this sort of plain centered striations?

Very nice, great shape too!

nevsfish
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 12:14 AM
yes adrian i did breed the turk female myself.i really like the colour not sure what the fry will turn out like .hopefully more with the female colour.

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 12:19 AM
very impressed dude! Id imagine a mix ratio on the fry, but time will tell mate.

nevsfish
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 12:25 AM
thanks adrian how are your curipera doin in the shop.mine have spawned 4 times and none of the eggs are getting fertilised.hopefully the male is to young what are your thoughts

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 12:41 AM
Doing good mate. Still 8 left unfortunately, which is quite costly for me.
As far as the males go, definitely too young, they are still quite small!
Ive found all the spawning males in the shop are minimum 5.5". Wont be long though. Females always mature faster than males, ive seen 3.5" females lay eggs.

Im sure in your skilled hands you will enjoy many fry from all your pairs!

rex82
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
yes adrian i did breed the turk female myself.i really like the colour not sure what the fry will turn out like .hopefully more with the female colour.

If the female has no golden gene carrying then they will all look like the female guaranteed. The golden gene is recessive and wont show in the first generation.

Thats why you have some lighter fry in the curipera batch, showing thier heritage.

scoob
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 12:13 AM
I have a identical male spawn wiht a red turk and all of the fry turned out like the Malborored-golden with peppering. I think the pigeonblood gene is the dominant one.