PDA

View Full Version : Food glorious food!

Nev
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 12:39 PM
I was at the local fish shop on the weekend bying the pigs some treats (live brine shrimp and black worms) and the subject of food came up

My little pigs get fed mainly frozen blood worms, brine shrimp and tetra bits with the treats l was buying at the time. He suggested l should try the frozen sea mix stuff and sea pellets with garlic apparently garlic is good for em.

Which got me to wondering what everyone else feeds their fish?

If i was really clever l could turn this into a poll, but l'm not so ......

What food do you feed your discus? Anything off limits?

BigDaddyAdo
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 09:30 PM
NLS Thera A
Freeze Dried Black Worms,
Discus Dinner
Live White Worms
Cooked Pea
Wardley Chiclid Flake

I think that about covers it.

m.ingram
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 12:00 AM
Hi Nev from what i have read on this forum Blood worms arent really all that good for your discus .I think they are mainly water and dont have much protein orr nutrients in them that your discus need .
Garlic is good for your fish .It acts like an attractant for fussy eaters . I think it also helps with keeping parasites in the fishes gut under control .
I feed Freeze dried blackworm ,NLS thera A ,Sera discus granules ,Hikari discus gold, Live and frozen brine ,live white worms and Merrilyns beef heart mix .

Wendy
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 07:28 AM
Are the white worms the same as Grindal worms?

Nev
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info ingram, l'd been told the opposite, that the're all protien so dont feed em too much blood worms. But they love the stuff. As far as white worms go - I've never seen or heard of em.
I've used micro white worms raising young gouramis in the distant past, but they were so small and the smell was something else! Pretty sure yours are different