Tue Jun 28, 2011, 01:56 AM
4 large discus for sale--

Wild caught blue No1-$250
Wild caught blue No2-$180
18cm large german blood line turq-$200
17cm large coblat blue-$150

hhzfish
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:08 AM
I do not know what is wrong with the pics, try again...

hhzfish
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:11 AM
something played up with the pictures, anyway, PM me your email, I will send nice photos if anyone is interested, selling due to downsizing.

Mr Wild
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:56 PM
try resizing them or posting a link very difficult to see.

Exotic Aquatic
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
are they wild strains, or wild caught?

Didnt know anyone was importing wild caught? Do they really come out of the rivers looking like that? hmmm

beautiful.

hhzfish
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:07 PM
see my another thread for watchable pictures, sorry for that

hhzfish
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
are they wild strains, or wild caught?

Didnt know anyone was importing wild caught? Do they really come out of the rivers looking like that? hmmm

beautiful.

Two greenish yellow colour ones are wild caught, real stuff from the river, the other two are not. I do not know who imported them, but there should not be hard to get some in Melbourne.

Exotic Aquatic
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 12:04 AM
pretty sure these came from AI, they are wild, but not wild caught... although i could be wrong.

THey are nice looking though.

im sure they will sell super fast.
GLWS

lizhe1985
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 06:47 AM
Adrian so can u teach us how to tell a fish thats "wild caught" or just "wild"? Interested to find out

Exotic Aquatic
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 07:02 AM
No idea, can you teach me? as I said in my post I could be wrong!
I'm just wondering who is importing wild caughts as to my knowledge I haven't heard of anyone in Melbourne? I know AI has wilds, but they do not call them wild caught.

Also I was surprised to see this much gorgeous color and more so such decent (not perfect but pretty good) shape in a wild caught fish.

As I said before, nice fish GLWS

lizhe1985
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 07:16 AM
So all those heckles from AI are "wild" rather than "wild caught" as well?

When u say wilds u refer to wild strains which is like f1 or 2?

Sorry for the questions but I'm just a bit confused.

hhzfish
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 09:07 AM
Guys I thought this would be a thing confusing you guys so much. When we say "wild" we refer to anything fish that was born in the wild, to discus, in Amazon river. There is no difference between "wild" and "wild caught". I think "wild" meant by Adrian is F1,F2 or so. F1 is the direct offspring from two wilds, F2 is the next generation from F1. F1 is more hard to raise due to the environmental change, they also do not have a nice sharp. F2 is more suitable for collection unless you are someone liking to challenge youself for breeding wilds to get F1.

By the way, my two wilds or wild caught are true fish caught from the river. F1 do not have this colouration and pattern. They are like something between a wild caught and a tank bred discus. If you guys are interested, google it and study the difference, here it takes too long to explain. The more you see, and easier you can tell...

hhzfish
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 09:09 AM
sorry, correcting myself,...would not be a thing confusing you guys so much...

Exotic Aquatic
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 11:03 PM
sorry, mate, its just when dealing with Malaysia the term wild means wild strain, untampered but tank bred, this is a descriptive to separate them from domestic strains.

Thanks for your explanation hhzfish, however i politely disagree with the f1, f2 etc being less colourful. discus (and all manor of creatures) are taken from the wild and line bred using only selected offspring to improve appearance (color AND shape).

As you would know wild fish dont have the best shape when compared to a domestic of high grading! I dont mean to offend you, so please dont take me the wrong way my friend, i just feel that needs to be stated.

Ok i have really said enough in this thread, AGAIN GLWS very nice fish.

hhzfish
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 05:03 AM
Do not worry about it at all, we all actually like this kind of discussion, this is how we learn discus fish and improve our hobby. Sorry for misleading you by saying " colouration", what I really meant is different colour formation, I totally agree with you that F1 and F2 actually have more color all provided that they are in a good condition. They have very nice colour contrast and more deep in blue or red. By the way Adrian, very nice Curipera! well done mate! I will definitely get some if I could affort them. Start saving money for next shipment of you LoL