PDA

View Full Version : what kind of Discus

lovediscus
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 06:57 AM
hi all,can someone identify my Discus pls. :?:

lovediscus
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:23 AM
i guess no one knows the ID of my Discus!

maxpayne40
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:32 AM
I have the same two discus myself.....first picture and then the blue patterned one (my description). I have heard then called a few different name probably due to different strains of same fish. I would be interested also to know exactly what they are.

Cheers

mawhins
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 03:07 AM
I've got no idea on colours but I'm trying to understand them so for fun I'm going to say Red Spotted Green for number one.

Cobalt for the guy at the back of picture number two.

The other guy I'm not sure about. Red Turq but pattern is spotted so...

Hopefully someone who knows will reply so I can check my answers!

Discus Planetarium
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 03:19 AM
they look like snakeskins but i would say there turks maby leopard x turk the one in the back looks like a pearl turk.

scott bowler
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 03:41 AM
I would say red turks and the one solid fish is a Cobalt

lovediscus
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 03:54 AM
thanks guys,i was told a leopard skin when i bought them but some say it is a spotted green or even a red turq.very confusing!they are about 15cm and very healthy.they are both female and the cobalt is a male.cheers

Discus Planetarium
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 04:11 AM
red spotted greens have big dots all over them no stripes just like the eruption but the eruption has small dots all over you have very nice discus but i will say they are turks x leopards

Hollowman
Sun Jul 03, 2011, 09:54 PM
red spotted greens have big dots all over them no stripes just like the eruption but the eruption has small dots all over you have very nice discus but i will say they are turks x leopards

Whoever told you that needs to read and learn a bit more.

Scott is spot on.

Discus Planetarium
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 04:41 AM

Whoever told you that needs to read and learn a bit more.

Scott is spot on.
with all the eruptions,ringleopards,red spotted greens i have had and seen no stripes on them i am not talking about the stress bars just the stripes like turks have

ILLUSN
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 05:24 AM
to me they look like red turks or a red turk x a leopard nice fish

red spotted greens can have some stripes especially around the face
REAL PERUVIAN RED SPOTTED GREEN below

mistakes r crucial
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
They all look great to me but how do you get them to live with all that coral in salt water? You've done well :)