PDA

View Full Version : Male or Female

maxpayne40
Wed Jun 15, 2011, 02:34 AM
How do I tell the difference between a male and femal discus?. Not as easy as a dog or cat by just rolling them over.....lol.

I have noticed that one of my fish has become the supreme bully but does not bully one of the other discus. I was thinking is the bully a male and the other a female and is he just staking his claim?.

I intend to post some pics (when I can work out how to do it) so they can be commented on :oops: They are only young so it might be too soon but to me they look good (always talk your children up).

Thanks

Decapper
Wed Jun 15, 2011, 06:53 AM
I have bully females.. Have not been doing it long but most of my bullies were or are females.

I have also read on the net a few different things and they have always been opposite to what they say.

Better to wait till they pair off then you will know for sure, also when you find out what sex you will find that the same sex fight most of the time, I could be wrong

lpiasente
Wed Jun 15, 2011, 09:15 PM
Males have a pointed breeding tube females have a flat one. can you post a pic.

scott bowler
Wed Jun 15, 2011, 11:35 PM
the only true way is to see them when they are laying eggs . there have been many people try to sex fish but no one has ever been on the money every time .