PDA

View Full Version : Not Eating

Decapper
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 06:15 AM
Hi,

Just moved my discus out of the QT tank as I had to fix a leak in my 6foot. Took 2 1/2 weeks to cycle my 6foot again. Ammonia = 0 Nitrite = 0 Nitrate very low - PH 6.5 temp 29c

All my discus was eating beef heart in the QT but since I transfered them 3 out of my 4 red covers have stopped eating beef heart. They all eat blood worms no problem but I dont want to feed them just that. Should I just stick with the beef heart only for 2 weeks say and hope they start eating? or should I just feed them blood worms and hope they start on the beef heart again

swampy1972
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 07:04 AM
They're just being fussy after the move as evidenced by the fact they're still eating bloodworm. Stop feeding them all together for a couple of days and they'll soon get the message. Similar to making children eat their veges' before they get dessert :D
When you start feeding them just add small amounts to get their interest and so you don't foul your water with uneaten food.
Additionally, try to vary their diet to include more than just beefheart and worm. Include some prepared flake of NLS etc to ensure they're getting all the nutrients/vitamins etc.
Hope this helps ;)

ILLUSN
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 07:25 AM
if they are nice and healthy they can go for over a week with no food.

I'd starve them a day then feed only beefheart for the next week after that reintroduce other foods.

discus are fussy and can become addicted to certain foods.

swampy is right a varied diet will help them alot but its VERy hard to beat a good complete beefheart mix.