PDA

View Full Version : Black Blue turk???

mscott
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 07:39 AM
We went down to our only lfs that sells discus today and they had a new order in, there was a pure black one that caught my eye and when i asked the shop keeper what it was he said it was a blue turk, is it possible to get a black blue turk? and if so how does this occur? like is their something wrong with it? or would it be fine to breed out of it we got it?

Cheers

m.ingram
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 08:24 AM
I wouldnt touch it normally when discus go black there is something wrong with them .Not worth the hassel go somewhere like Exotic Aquatic good quality fish and nice and healthy .

lpiasente
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 08:57 AM
I wouldnt touch it normally when discus go black there is something wrong with them .Not worth the hassel go somewhere like Exotic Aquatic good quality fish and nice and healthy .
+1

mscott
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 09:25 AM
fair enough, cheers guys. We were thinking of grabbing a coupple of large turqs while there getting rid of them cheep, and just saw this thing hideing in the back

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Jun 12, 2011, 09:51 AM
lol thanks for the compliment guys!

Hi mscott, black generally means sick, as stated above (search discus black disease)- perhaps ILLUSN may expand on black disease when he sees this, should be an interesting read!

OR

It could be a "nursing" female/male attracting their young... which would only be the case if there were wrigglers/fry in the tank.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

We have some opening specials in our new store too, come in and check it out!

Im actually opening tomorrow to feed fish and meet suppliers, and ive been asked on Facebook and on plecoplanet if i will be opening for the public, so i might as well!

315 Neerim Road Carnegie (near the corner of Koornang). Parking is via the laneway or sidestreet (dual access) directly opposite the shop.

Your most welcome, i should prob stay open till about 3-4ish (closer to three hopefully.)

Best Wishes,
EA.