PDA

View Full Version : More wild crosses!

Exotic Aquatic
Sat Jun 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
Ill trey to post pics as soon as i can guys, but i have some more wild crosses in our new carnegie store right now (315 neerim road carnegie)

Perhaps some of the people who bought some of them could post pics? (Phill care to show off your pair that were spawning in the shop as we were about to bag them up?!?).

We have one fine line snakeskin cross left ( im guessing the cross is alenquer) that Ghotti almost took away with him!!, a small group of red turq cross (again i think they are all alenquer cross), and some really nice red cover crosses with a thick blue and black ribbon through the fins!

Shape on all of these fish is SUPERB, and we are doing them super cheap to clear space for the next shipment of discus, and current angel shipment coming in.

priced from $275-$295, come in and check em out!

Dont forget to post your pics of our fish in our facebook photocomp to win awesome prizes, one week left!

Regards,
EA

lizhe1985
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 01:41 PM
Just wondering are these "wild x" F1? What domestic type does it cross with?

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 02:08 PM
all that info is above, in the original post, thanks again.

lizhe1985
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 02:13 PM
oh sorry missed that bit, but are they F1s?

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Jun 13, 2011, 02:21 PM
"f" markers denote how many generations removed from the original wild pair, so being crossed, "F1" doesnt apply.

Being farmed in Malaysia, it would be irresponsible to suggest weather the one parent that is a wild type is tank bred (like tank bred curipera, alenquer, or heckle for example) or actually wild caught, as there is no way of knowing, however i think it would be safe to assume they were tank bred originally, then crossed.

Its never our intention to misrepresent fish, i do sincerely hope that most people will understand the difference between wild strains, and wild caught. Should you have any further wueries please dont hesitate to ask, and as always ill do my best to respond quickly and openly.

THanks again.

Kindest Regards,
Adrian
EA

jannie_s
Tue Jun 14, 2011, 08:08 AM
Honesty is always a good thing, your business will prosper

"f" markers denote how many generations removed from the original wild pair, so being crossed, "F1" doesnt apply.

Being farmed in Malaysia, it would be irresponsible to suggest weather the one parent that is a wild type is tank bred (like tank bred curipera, alenquer, or heckle for example) or actually wild caught, as there is no way of knowing, however i think it would be safe to assume they were tank bred originally, then crossed.

Its never our intention to misrepresent fish, i do sincerely hope that most people will understand the difference between wild strains, and wild caught. Should you have any further wueries please dont hesitate to ask, and as always ill do my best to respond quickly and openly.

THanks again.

Kindest Regards,
Adrian
EA