PDA

View Full Version : Kusuri Wormer

Ray.M
Sat May 28, 2011, 02:55 PM
Does the Kusuri Wormer treat for all types of worms - gill flukes, tape worms, round & thread worms ?

At the moment I treat with both praziquantal & levamisole (at different times !!)

Has anyone used it for any length of time ?

Thanks,
Ray

Monolicious
Sun May 29, 2011, 02:58 AM
Wormer Plus is a Flubendazole-based medication, effective for use against gill flukes, body flukes and intestinal helminths, Wormer Plus can be used at any temperature and will not harm plants. Safe to use on all tropical fish including stingrays, puffer fish and one week old fish fry. It is recommended to treat any discus, or other aquarium fish, once a month every month for trouble-free fish keeping. If fish become stressed, their natural immunity is compromised and worms can take a hold. A sure sign of worms is if the fish is wafer thin, sometimes dark in colour, yet still feeding. Warning: This medication can kill some species of snail, as well as other large parasites and invertebrates. Do not use in aquariums where Nerite, Trumpet or Ramshorn snails, etc are kept. Before use: There is no need to switch off UV. Turn off protein skimmer for a minimum of 24 hours, but remove any carbon from filter for four days whilst using Wormer Plus. This product will biodegrade after four days. No water change is necessary following treatment. Directions: Shake contents of sachet well. Measure out the correct dose for aquarium and dissolve in a small amount of aquarium water, in a food grade container. Place lid firmly on container and shake well to dissolve. It does not matter how much water is mixed to dissolve the treatment, provided correct dosage of product is used. Add to aquarium slowly over a two to three minute period. Dosage: Use 0.3g, or one level 0.5 ml scoop (included), per 30 gallons (114 Litres) of aquarium water. This is designed as a one-off treatment, but may require a second dose after 4 days in heavy infestations, or if using to cure gill flukes. Health and Safety Store in original container. Store in dry conditions between 12ºC and 25ºC. Keep away from pets and children. Always wear protective gloves and goggles when handling chemicals. Use within three months of opening sachet. Contents: 50mg/g Flubendazole Naturally sourced Calcium Carbonate This Veterinary Medicine is marketed in accordance with the Small Animal Exemption Scheme. Manufacturer: Kusuri Products Ltd, TQ12 6TL Tel: 01626 836600 Manufacturing licence number: SAM0002

scoob
Sun May 29, 2011, 03:38 AM
I would keep up with the praziquantal & levamisole,Personally I haven't had good results with the Kusuri womer plus.

ILLUSN
Sun May 29, 2011, 04:33 AM
Won't kill round worms
Can be used as an alternative to prazi. IMO prazi is gentler on fish but that's just my personal opinion

Ghoti
Sun May 29, 2011, 04:38 AM
Has anyone tried it with BN or Corys or loaches? Would be great if you could worm discus without having to separate from their tank mates

Cheers,
Scott

m.ingram
Sun May 29, 2011, 05:56 AM
Hey Scott
I have used prazi ,big L and kusuri wormer on my whiptails ,bn , peppermints , clown loaches , corys and it hasnt affect any of them at all .

maxpayne40
Sun May 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
'Is this good to use as a 'preventative' measure for worms?....quote "It is recommended to treat any discus, or other aquarium fish, once a month every month for trouble-free fish keeping".

I have carbon in both filters and it is difficult to remove so would it matter if I left it in the filters (I think it is just the usual charcol filters).

Thanks

m.ingram
Mon May 30, 2011, 12:58 AM
Its not a good idea to treat as a preventative messure on anything really . As it only gives what ever bug or worm a chance to build an immunity to the treatment . As some have said before here you dont take a panadol in the morning pre empting a headache later that day .
And you will need to take out the carbon before treatment .