PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help needed - AR620T powerhead for Aua One aquarium

maxpayne40
Wed May 25, 2011, 12:06 AM
Unfortunately today an electrician turned the power off to the house without letting us know. When I went to turn the tank filter back on it makes noises but it does not appear to be drawing up water.

I turned it off and on to check if it would work but it does not appear to be working properly. I do not knwo if it has burned out or not.

I do have an external canister 1100ltr filter and I hope this will suffice for now?.

Any suggestions and will I have problems with it not working now or cna it be fixed.

mawhins
Wed May 25, 2011, 05:47 AM
I have a hob filter that doesn't restart itself after being powered down. Some problem with the impeller. I poke my finger in there and give it a little flick to get it going again :shock:

Not suggesting this is your problem or solution but just saying it could be something simple like junk in the impeller housing.

dthomo
Wed May 25, 2011, 10:47 AM
Pull the powerhead out take of the cover on the bottom and have a look at the impellor its either going to be broken or dirty.

If its dirty wipe the magnet and inside where the impellor sits and it should start again.

maxpayne40
Thu May 26, 2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the replies. I worked it out and no big issue, although at the time it was HUGE.....lol.

Also special thanks to Rod from Petland for his advice.

Hassles
Fri May 27, 2011, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately today an electrician turned the power off to the house without letting us know. When I went to turn the tank filter back on it makes noises but it does not appear to be drawing up water.

I turned it off and on to check if it would work but it does not appear to be working properly. I do not knwo if it has burned out or not.

I do have an external canister 1100ltr filter and I hope this will suffice for now?.

Any suggestions and will I have problems with it not working now or cna it be fixed.

For the benefit of those who may find themselves in a similar situation - purchase a cheap air-pump and an equally cheap corner filter. Place all your bio media into the corner filter (or box-filter) attach the air-pump and your worries are over. IF your power-head is really dead the corner filter will keep your tank functioning until such time as you can replace the power-head.

take care